What's new

Custom Cover Blu-Ray Custom Cover art thread (2 Viewers)

DGB

Agent
Real Name
Dan Bollinger
Does anyone have new custom Blu-ray covers for House of Dark Shadows and/or Night of Dark Shadows- based on the original MGM posters or something new?

I found some good ones at www.hirescovers.net

The one for "Night of Dark Shadows" looks to be from the MGM poster while "House of Dark Shadows" seems to be a new creation. However, both are 100 times better than the garbage that was done for the blu ray release.

DGB

Agent
Real Name
Dan Bollinger
I have been looking for custom blu ray covers for "Near Dark" and "Taps" that use their original US poster images. I have searched every custom cover site that I know of (Customaniacs, Uncovered, EuphoricFX, HiResCovers, and FreeCovers) but nobody has them. Does anyone here know of some other outlets that may offer them? I am always on the lookout for new cover sites.

Thanks

Robert George

Screenwriter
A little early, but here's my version...

2001 UHD Preview.jpg

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
When it was suggested that I do a Supergirl cover for the upcoming Warner Archive edition Blu I slapped myself for not thinking about it myself :)

Anyway, here it is, using the UK artwork by Brian Bysouth. Requests for download links are to be sent through PMs as usual.
pXuGHZ.png

The rest of the Superman series (for those that came in late):

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Here is the Last Jedi addition to my yet-to-be-completed "Despecialized" set.
Those who want copies, please specify "The Despecialized-style set" in your PMs.
v655rc.png

nen9f9.png
RsBHAe.png
qrhaa2.png
MLwip4.png
H3uaOu.png

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
This is a set of Blu-ray covers to go with the recent HD reconstruction of the Special Edition of The Abyss by Croweyes1121.

While they are meant for people who want a cover for that project, I made them generic enough to work with practically any future release of the Special Edition.

The first one is very similar to the official artwork for the Special Edition. I actually recreated the artwork using a publicity still, adding a few bells and whistles in the process.
zK45vp.png

The second version was inspired by the Argentinian VHS box. I felt it represented the mystery of the Abyss, and the all-encompassing blackness very well.
zT2CiK.png

Both are available via PM as always.

Robert George

Screenwriter
I've been hanging around the house the past couple of weeks due to a surgical procedure that has kept me out of work, but not off my computer ;). Here's some of what I've been doing the past few days...

First up is covers for both Deadpool UHD discs. I was actually only going to do one for DP2, but decided to revisit the first one because I just happen to like that poster.

DP Preview.jpg

DP 2 Preview.jpg

Next is something I just finished today. My penchant for remaking Twilight Time covers is no secret. Here's the latest...

Hot Rock Preview.jpg

Finally, I'm going to share something that is not finished yet, which I've only done a few times. I won't be able to finish until I can get catalog and ISBN numbers, and definite info on aspect ratio, which is likely not until release in November. Here's where I'm going with Criterion's release of Some Like It Hot...

Some Like It Hot WiP Preview.jpg

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Has anyone done the original theatrical poster (and laserdisc I think) for Boogie Nights? I'd love to have that as the cover art rather than the orange cartoon style art.

This one specifically:

67988.jpg

Reactions: DGB

DGB

Agent
Real Name
Dan Bollinger
Has anyone done the original theatrical poster (and laserdisc I think) for Boogie Nights? I'd love to have that as the cover art rather than the orange cartoon style art.

This one specifically:

67988.jpg
I have also been looking for a custom blu ray cover with this original US poster design. Unfortunately, I have looked on the five custom cover sites that I know of and nobody has done one like this. Hopefully, that will change soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks