What's new

Custom Cover Blu-Ray Custom Cover art thread (1 Viewer)

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
The Time Machine!!!
Such a classic, and such great artwork by Reynold Brown. I see a lot of covers using the same poster, but always in a different way. This is my take, and anyone interested may PM me for the link.

qK1yHT.png

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Fritz, you never cease to amaze me. Your covers are stunning.
Thanks, Scott. I appreciate the compliment.

There are many things in my life at which I fail miserably, but this one thing is where I feel a measure of accomplishment.

Then again, if I could choose a talent, I'd rather be a) The best father in the world b) The best husband in the world c) The best public speaker d) A financial genius e) The most popular guy in class.

Alas, I'm none of the above. I'm just a guy who can put together a custom cover. :)

Robert George

Screenwriter
For me, here will always be one iconic poster image for "Blade Runner". The one that was on the Beta tape box, and on the multiple laserdisc releases (Criterion CAV!), and the original DVD release, and...and...and with the new, stunning 4K release, it will ever be thus.

Blade Runner 4K Preview.jpg

DGB

Agent
Real Name
Dan Bollinger
For me, here will always be one iconic poster image for "Blade Runner". The one that was on the Beta tape box, and on the multiple laserdisc releases (Criterion CAV!), and the original DVD release, and...and...and with the new, stunning 4K release, it will ever be thus.

View attachment 40360

I know that you've said that you have your covers posted on various other sites, but I've not been able to gain access to them for some reason (despite having successfully created a profile). In fact, when I've tried to purchase credits, my bank never allows the transaction. Have you ever considered offering your covers at Customaniacs? That is the only site that I've had any success with. This cover for "Blade Runner" is perfect, and I would love to have it to replace the horrible one that came with the disc.

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Genre favourite The Last Starfighter, using the UK quad artwork.

This particular poster is hard to find good pictures or scans of. For a different project I assembled this composite from a dozen close-up photos found on the excellent Film-on-paper site. That was many years ago, and I've been meaning to use it for a custom cover for a long time, so here it is at last.

I like to credit the poster artist whenever I can, but have been unable to find the name behind this piece. Anyone?

HS3IO3.png

PM me for links, should you be thusly inclined.

DGB

Agent
Real Name
Dan Bollinger
I decided to break up my Alien Anthology box into individual cases. I made a set using original one sheet art, but made two versions of Aliens. I like the way this one came out...

View attachment 32551

I found your ALIEN covers at uncovered.name and they look great. However, I didn't see one for the original 1979 film. I was wondering if you would be doing one soon. I am eager to free the discs from that horrible Quadrilogy box.

Thanks

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
The Masters of the Universe film continues to split opinions, but no one can say that Struzan's artwork isn't a winner. As with most of my recent cover projects this one has had a few years gestation time, but these twins were finally born this weekend.

One of these is a quasi-retro VHS callback to the Warner Home Video days. The other adheres to the Warner design guide to a T.

eZJYkg.png

FV7u8I.png

PM me for copies.

DGB

Agent
Real Name
Dan Bollinger
I just got the covers downloaded and printed. Again, thanks for the great work and for looking into the situation with the ALIEN cover.

Dan
I did make an Alien cover but Uncovered's flaky site software rejected it when I first uploaded the set. I made some file adjustments and got it to work. Now available at Uncovered.name.

View attachment 40527

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks