What's new

Big Lots Sale (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
And the store here hasn't gotten (or hasn't put out) anything new since BF. I was there yesterday and they have the same stuff they had out after BF. Even the few BF titles they had appear to have been sold.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Saw some new things at BL tonight. Mostly sci-fi TV series (including some from SyFy). $5 each.

Continuum (Seasons 1-3)
Alphas (Season 1)
Dominion (Seasons 1-3)
Van Helsing (Season 1)
Master of None (Aziz Ansari, Season 1)
Dracula (2013, Jonathan Rhys-Myers, Season 1)
Mr. Selfridge (ITV/PBS Masterpiece, Seasons 1-3)

The above were mostly DVD sets. Mr. Selfridge season 1 was available in blu-ray, as was one of the seasons of Continuum.

Also saw a limited edition steelbook blu-ray of Scarface for $10, and the complete 5-film set of the original Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection films on blu-ray for $5. Universal monsters blu-rays for The Mummy and The Invisible Man for $5 each. A set of 10 Bob Hope films on DVD for $5.

Still Marilyn Monroe titles on blu-ray for $5 each (saw No Business Like Show Business, The Seven Year Itch, Some Like It Hot, Niagara, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes).

Quite a lot of 3D, though nothing new that I could see (Spongebob, Hercules, Ninja Turtles, Star Trek, World War Z, Immortals, various Dreamworks Animation titles).

Last edited:

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Though I've been avoiding going out to retail stores more than necessary due to the pandemic, I decided to go to Big Lots recently to look for groceries.

And, I was able to get some good Blu deals. They don't seem to have much new stock (other than what I saw about a month ago), but I did pick up some Blu titles I had neglected before. These were all $5:

Terminator 1 & Terminator: Genisys two-pack: Great deal for both films.

The Purge: Election Year - my favorite Purge film.

Star Trek 2009 reboot Steelbook - great price for this nice collectible; I especially like the cover here. I'm probably in the minority here, but I like these rebooted/alternate reality ST films more than the films featuring the original cast.

Star Trek: Into Darkness (2013) - 3D/Blu-ray; good sequel. I don't have any way to watch a 3D movie, so I'll just watch the regular Blu.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
All these sound really good, but they are now in that strange closed and forbidden country of legend that Canadians are no longer privy too. Perhaps some day I’ll tell my children that once there was a fair country to the south with many bargains, where unsweetened ice tea was served and washrooms, mickies, and chips were unknown. :(

“Brigadoon, Brigadoon ...”

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I don't know if there's a walmart thread like this. Wanted to headsup that I just got the last copy of The Fly collection blu ray set for $43 with tax from mine. GREAT deal.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Nice deal.

I already own 4 of the 5 movies on BR and reviews I've read indicate the Shout! pressing is the same transfers so I'm not truly interested (I'm not a special features guy so those have zero attraction). The 3rd movie in the original series just isn't that good and my DVD of it is "good enough." It also helps that I checked brickseek just in case and none of the stores in my area have it in stock.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
A very nice heavy set black lady that Walmart hires the most of... lol, is that a check question on the application? lol but I love those ladies. She had to ok the R rated Fly set and we talked about them. She was wanting her own but I had to tell her that was the last one. She said she wasn't meant to have one then. lol I wanted to take her home with me and marathon the set with her. That would be the most fun I've had in a year. Those ladies know their horror films and that should be a new stereotype. I remember buying Teeth at Big lots and two ladies just laughed at me without spoiling the movie.

I went back to walmart and got the Roseanne set to get all the seasons since I'm missing 2 or 3 from the first release. $25 was incredible. I hope these are all uncut.

I got Swiss Family Robinson while there for $5. BIg fan of director Ken Annikan for The Pirate Movie. Watched Magnificent Men and Pippi Longstocking weeks back while vacationing. had such a great time with those. Would kill for a complete blu ray set of his work.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Lots of multi-season TV sets are showing up:

$10 each:
The 4400: Complete Series
7th Heaven: Seasons 1-4
MacGyver: Seasons 1-4
Melrose Place: Seasons 1-3
Charmed: Seasons 5-8
Criminal Minds: Seasons 5-8

$15 each:
CSI: Seasons 1-4
CSI: Miami: Seasons 1-3
CSI: Miami: Seasons 4-6
CSI: NY: Seasons 1-3
Dynasty: Seasons 1-4
Have Gun Will Travel: Seasons 1-4
NCIS: Los Angeles: Seasons 1-4
Numb3rs: Seasons 1-4
Petticoat Junction: Seasons 1-3
Rawhide: Seasons 1-3
The Streets of San Francisco: Seasons 1-3
The Beverly Hillbillies 1-4
Laverne & Shirley: Seasons 1-5

$20 each
I Love Lucy: Seasons 1-5

These are easy to spot as they're all in Megapak style cases.

The store here had 1 copy of "The 4400" so I snagged it just in case. There were multiple (2-8) copies of the other titles.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I was just at my store and didn’t.t see any of those you mentioned. I was looking at the BDs. I will have to go back and look at the DVD section.

Thanks for the heads up Malcolm!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I went back to burn off that 20% off "any day use" coupon and picked up the Lavern & Shirley S1-5 and The Streets of San Francisco S1-3 sets for $13/each after tax. I was going to get a copy of the MacGyver set but didn't see any. They'd apparently restocked as there were a few copies of The 4400 out and I'd purchased the only one on the rack the first day I saw these.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Walmart (not BL). Has the 8 movie All Action 2 DVD set for $3.74. The one with Capricorn One, Raise the Titanic, All quiet on the Western Front 1979, etc.

This is from Shout Factory but looks all Mill Creek Echo bridge at first. Some of these are long movies. And 4 per DVD?

I watched Raise the Titanic the day I brought it home and it looked okay with darker underwater stuff the worst but watchable, and played smoothly not jerky. The effects here are stunning! It got raspberries but should have been nom'd for fx. Beautiful work in 1979! the models are incredible. I still have newspaper clippings from 1979 when I was so excited to see it. As a boy I thought I was going to be a treasure hunter because of a treasure hunting book I bought with stories about Mel Fisher, Oak Island, ship sinkings like Andrea Doria, stuff about metal detectors, etc. lol we ended up not seeing the movie because of the bad reviews. It was years after before I saw it. Seeing it now I felt this was very well made in that 1970s early 80s way I like. Amazing cast, big adventure, leave the brain at the door. I would have loved seeing it on the big screen. So now I finally can, at home.

this is a great way to try out these films and upgrade to blu rays or (if the rest look at least as good) just enjoy them here for a very low price.

Here's a grab of the back for the list:

shout action.jpg

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Just update.. Capricorn One was fantastic! I watched my Old Yeller (the one with Savage Sam on same disc) and then My Side of the Mountain (old paramount dvd) after. I want to state that so far these movies look on par with My Side of the Mountain and better than Old Yeller. Soft, but closeups pretty sharp. Shout Factory crammed disc'd better than Mill Creek or Echo. $3.74, worth it! I'm actually amazed! No where near blu ray quality so it's worth if the best quality of all these are NOT what you need. It's hard to be disappointed with this based on just the 2 I watched so far.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
They had a whole bunch of new BR titles on display a few days ago. I was in a bit of a hurry so didn't make a list. The one that stuck out most was S2 of Continuum on BR for $5. I didn't see S1 so don't know if they have it or not.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They often get random seasons but not Season 1. I'd be interested in some of these, but I want to start from the beginning.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Finally got to take advantage of a good Big Lots deal. Just got the Petticoat Junction, I Love Lucy, and Beverly Hillbillies sets at my local store. First two are just spares, but were too good to pass up and my old discs have been heavily watched.

No sign of Laverne & Shirley though, which stinks. Still missing two of the Milwaukee seasons.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Some individual TV seasons are reported being found:

$3 each:
Becker: Season 1
Ghost Whisperer: Season 1
Joan of Arcadia: Season 1

$5 each:
The Affair: Season 1
Andy Griffith Show: Season 8
Beverly Hillbillies: Season 2
Criminal Minds: Season 4
Criminal Minds: Season 5
Criminal Minds: Season 8
Criminal Minds: Season 10
Criminal Minds - Beyond Borders: Season 1
CSI: Season 1
Dexter: Season 1
Dexter: Season 6
Frasier: Season 1
Hogan's Heroes: Season 1
Mannix: Season 1
Medium: Season 1
NCIS: Season 9
Penny Dreadful: Season 2
Penny Dreadful: Season 3
The Andy Griffith Show: Season 1
The Brady Bunch: Season 1
The Tudors: Season 1
The Wild Wild West: Season 1

I've not seen these - yet - but haven't been in this past week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks