Big Lots Sale

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Howie
And the store here hasn't gotten (or hasn't put out) anything new since BF. I was there yesterday and they have the same stuff they had out after BF. Even the few BF titles they had appear to have been sold.

Malcolm R

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Malcolm
Saw some new things at BL tonight. Mostly sci-fi TV series (including some from SyFy). $5 each.

Continuum (Seasons 1-3)
Alphas (Season 1)
Dominion (Seasons 1-3)
Van Helsing (Season 1)
Master of None (Aziz Ansari, Season 1)
Dracula (2013, Jonathan Rhys-Myers, Season 1)
Mr. Selfridge (ITV/PBS Masterpiece, Seasons 1-3)

The above were mostly DVD sets. Mr. Selfridge season 1 was available in blu-ray, as was one of the seasons of Continuum.

Also saw a limited edition steelbook blu-ray of Scarface for $10, and the complete 5-film set of the original Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection films on blu-ray for $5. Universal monsters blu-rays for The Mummy and The Invisible Man for $5 each. A set of 10 Bob Hope films on DVD for $5.

Still Marilyn Monroe titles on blu-ray for $5 each (saw No Business Like Show Business, The Seven Year Itch, Some Like It Hot, Niagara, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes).

Quite a lot of 3D, though nothing new that I could see (Spongebob, Hercules, Ninja Turtles, Star Trek, World War Z, Immortals, various Dreamworks Animation titles).

Last edited:

The Drifter

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Jim
Though I've been avoiding going out to retail stores more than necessary due to the pandemic, I decided to go to Big Lots recently to look for groceries.

And, I was able to get some good Blu deals. They don't seem to have much new stock (other than what I saw about a month ago), but I did pick up some Blu titles I had neglected before. These were all $5:

Terminator 1 & Terminator: Genisys two-pack: Great deal for both films.

The Purge: Election Year - my favorite Purge film.

Star Trek 2009 reboot Steelbook - great price for this nice collectible; I especially like the cover here. I'm probably in the minority here, but I like these rebooted/alternate reality ST films more than the films featuring the original cast.

Star Trek: Into Darkness (2013) - 3D/Blu-ray; good sequel. I don't have any way to watch a 3D movie, so I'll just watch the regular Blu.

Reactions: Radioman970

TJPC

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Terry Carroll
All these sound really good, but they are now in that strange closed and forbidden country of legend that Canadians are no longer privy too. Perhaps some day I’ll tell my children that once there was a fair country to the south with many bargains, where unsweetened ice tea was served and washrooms, mickies, and chips were unknown. :(

“Brigadoon, Brigadoon ...”

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aron.l.bates