What's new

Big Lots Sale (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I was recently @ BL and saw a lot of Disks, but not much that I hadn't seen before several months back; most of this has already been posted. I wonder if BL is getting less new product in due to the pandemic?!

I did get District B13 on Blu for $3. Excellent French action film; I remember seeing this theatrically back in the 200X's at a small art-house theater.
I thought District B13 looked like a rippy of District 9. I will buy one of those next time I"m there! thank you!!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
God bless Asylum to cash in on anything that does well at the theaters with their crap...to some, it’s sti!l crap. To others, it just adds to their collection. :thumbsup:

Going to try to stop by my store that has a good stock of both...fingers crossed.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Some of that Asylum cash-in stuff is better than the movie it piggy backed on. I'd rather watch the Asylum's version of "War of the Worlds" than the "running-yelling-screaming followed by more running-yelling-screaming" version Spielberg made any day.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
lol oh my oh my!

I don't know if you've seen Spider 3D from the guy who made The Gate in the 80s. I was disappointed but I'll bet you'd like that one. The spider does look kind of cool

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
I thought District B13 looked like a rippy of District 9. I will buy one of those next time I"m there! thank you!!

District 9 & District B13 have 0 similarities. District 9 is a great sci-fi movie about aliens landing in South Africa; and, the whole storyline is an obvious metaphor for apartheid.

Conversely, District B13 is a futuristic French action film featuring a solid cast, a great story, and excellent stunt-work/fight scenes.

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
District 9 & District B13 have 0 similarities. District 9 is a great sci-fi movie about aliens landing in South Africa; and, the whole storyline is an obvious metaphor for apartheid.

Conversely, District B13 is a futuristic French action film featuring a solid cast, a great story, and excellent stunt-work/fight scenes.

Thanks...wow, never heard of this movie. Just purchased it and its sequel.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Thanks...wow, never heard of this movie. Just purchased it and its sequel.
I purchased D13: Ultimatum from Dollar Tree a few months ago and still haven't watched it.

I did stop by the closest Big Lots! and noted that they had restocked on the CBS/Paramount multi-season sets (I picked up Laverne & Shirley 1-5 and Have Gun Will Travel 1-4 at $15.00 each - didn't print out the 20% off coupon from the site :( ... I'm not worried that much about the seasons not included, especially for L&S as the show lost its' focus and my interest when they "moved" to California. I noticed that The Untouchables (Original Recipe) 1-3 was $20.00. I was tempted to get II Love Lucy 1-5 to replace the early season flipper discs but decided against it. They did have Melrose Place 1-4 (Original Recipe) for $15.00 as well ...

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Made out like a bandit. They had lots of box sets, I ended up getting: BD OF ENTERPRISE SEA.1; I LOVE LUCY SEA.1 AND 8 OTHERS. I do have to return one that I already had, and this time I'll take a pen along to write down what they have.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Keepin' it clean ... :D
7899eb35-3712-400d-b4f0-77921fe16ffb.gif

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Does anyone ever find these freebies in their stores? I've looked for a couple of them, and don't seem to find them.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Does anyone ever find these freebies in their stores? I've looked for a couple of them, and don't seem to find them.
I believe the way it is supposed to work is that the item would come from the area of the store where the item usually would be. By presenting your card etc. the price is credited back. They can't guarantee an item is available.

Personally, I wouldn't make a special trip to the store - only getting the item if I was already going there.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, I don't think any of them are really worth a special trip, and I've only ever been interested in a couple of the offers. The last one I looked for I think was some coffee drink. I couldn't find it.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Yes, I don't think any of them are really worth a special trip, and I've only ever been interested in a couple of the offers. The last one I looked for I think was some coffee drink. I couldn't find it.
Sometimes they put those in the refrigerators with other drinks near the checkouts ...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I purchased D13: Ultimatum from Dollar Tree a few months ago and still haven't watched it.
heads up! thank you!

Got that one from my dollar tree and some other gooduns yesterday!
Stage Fright dvd. Meatloaf horror musical. It's actually pretty good and the main actress is breaktaking to look at, risking dirty old man label here. But I'll stop being a dirty old man when I'm a dead old man to quote Fred Sanford.
Bubble dvd. looks really cool!
Days that shook the world season 2 dvd BBC. looks like In Search Of maybe. They had lots of BBC stuff. Didn't know what to get.
National geographic Migrations blu ray. Looks beautiful! 1080i though.
MST3k The Unearthly dvd
Denis Leary Standup show with different comedians. dvd

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Dollar General had these.. all $7 each.

Stephen King blu ray set. Minisieres Salem's Lot and IT. Bummer, Non mini series Shining, already have and plan to get 4k. lol Cat's Eye, already have and mad about that. Paid $4 last year just for CE. Still great deal! Can't wait to see Salem's on blu.
Executive Decision (will prob watch this in an hour or so, love this movie...it's like Air Force One)/Ninja Assassin/Domino/Blood Diamond.
Drew Barrymore movies, Wedding Singer/Going the Distance/Music & Lyrics. All these have really great casts. I remember Wedding Singer for a rapping grandma or something? lol but haven't seen the rest. Should be fun.

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Made out like a bandit. They had lots of box sets, I ended up getting: BD OF ENTERPRISE SEA.1; I LOVE LUCY SEA.1 AND 8 OTHERS. I do have to return one that I already had, and this time I'll take a pen along to write down what they have.
I almost got Enterprise but the full series isn't all that much. I remembered I already had that full box. The import was really cheap at one time. ... oops, just looked. The one I have is out of print. I remember getting it for $55!! funny, in the story my brain told me that was Star Trek Discovery Season 1 and I made some noise in the store when I saw it! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks