What's new

Big Lots Sale (1 Viewer)

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Saw these two sets at one of our two Big Lots stores here in Newark, Ohio..

EDIT: Singin' in the Tain is currently at $49 at Amazon while Casablanca is $34.98

Attachments

• bl.jpg
    bl.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 61

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Yeah, I see them mostly marked that way. I don't know where they're coming from as previously viewed, though, as there are not many video rental stores out there. Who is "previously viewing" these discs?
My Walgreens (Drugstore) has a bin of them from different Studios as well. They may be discs from packages that were returned (to DMC eg) and can't be sold as new.

Redbox is still around AFIAK.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Saw these two sets at one of our two Big Lots stores here in Newark, Ohio..

EDIT: Singin' in the Tain is currently at $49 at Amazon while Casablanca is $34.98
$20.00 is about what those WB sets sold for at Costco around Channukah time a few years ago sometimes with an instant coupon.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
They may be discs from packages that were returned (to DMC eg) and can't be sold as new.

Over the years I wondered where all those customer returned dvds went to from places like wallymart. This would make sense if wallymart didn't put back the opened/returned dvds back onto the shelves.

Redbox is still around AFIAK.

What would be the average time period a particular title is kept available in the redbox machines? The last time I checked redbox, movies older than two years or so seemed to disappear.

Where do all those "removed movie" dvd discs go to? (ie. Besides the garbage dump landfills).

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Over the years I wondered where all those customer returned dvds went to from places like wallymart. This would make sense if wallymart didn't put back the opened/returned dvds back onto the shelves.

What would be the average time period a particular title is kept available in the redbox machines? The last time I checked redbox, movies older than two years or so seemed to disappear.

Where do all those "removed movie" dvd discs go to? (ie. Besides the garbage dump landfills).
Somebody that worked for Blockbuster said they kept stacks of the oem covers and when they sold the "previously enjoyed" ones they would add them to their cases --using a generic BB cover with the title printed if they didn't have the cover.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Stopped into my recently re-opened Big Lots yesterday. It re-opened last week after being wiped out by the flood back in July 2023, so it's like a new store opening. I wasn't sure if they'd have any discs, but they do still have a media rack with a small (so far) selection.

There were a variety of discs, from TV seasons on DVD, to a few 4K's and 3D's, regular DVD's, and some Steelbooks. I didn't buy too much, as I already had most of what I would be interested in, but I got an animated 3D of The Lion of Judah, and a 4K of Hickok. I also recall a steelbook blu-ray of Ash Vs. Evil Dead Season 3. Prices seem to be a bit higher than before.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
A new store opened in a town ~15 minutes away (part of our MSA). It's larger, a nicer store, and is stocked from a different warehouse (greater variety/better shipments/updates). The store here has gone significantly downhill since that opening. At the moment, there are a half dozen ceiling leaks which are being "caught" with tarps hung from the ceiling tiles and drained into 5 gallon buckets on the floor. Restocking is irregular and inconsistent. On-line inventory status is barely done for this store (there's a particular tote I purchase for media storage that's never shown to be in-stock in spite of there being as many as 15 on the shelves - that neighboring store's inventory is quite accurate and updated frequently). It's almost like they're trying to kill off the local store - and our town is twice the size of that neighbor with the better store... The manager tells me they've been trying to get a better store but nothing ever comes of it...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks