What's new

Big Lots Sale (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
My BL had some nice mark downs.
Got Numbers Station for 75 cents! I saw the trailer on The Colony and thought it looked kina kool.
Sponge Bob 3d. got a backup. 2.50
Mutant Ninja Turtles 3d. back up copy too. 2.50 wish they'd get the 3D sequel.
Lots of other stuff.

Walmart;
Knight Rider complete series. $20!!
Berenstain Bears complete 80 episodes. I thought this was a vintage cartoon maybe from the 70s or 80s. nope! 2000s. bleck! returned.
Honeymooners 39 classic dvd. returned. I think this is the second time . hah!

Bought Honeymooners on blu from amazon. Finally!! I guess I need that expensive set of lost episodes? can't find out if you can get those lost ones cheaper or on blu too?

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Found a lot of new product at my local Big Lots this past weekend.

Among other items, I saw a lot of the season (and sometimes multi-season) TV series boxed sets, including: CSI (original series set in Vegas), CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Streets of San Francisco, Have Gun will Travel, MacGyver, & Laverne & Shirley - these were between $10 - $15 each.

I did get:

-The 4400 entire series (DVD) for $10 - they only had one copy; this was a blind-buy, but I've heard a lot of good things about this show. The price is great for what you're getting; however, my only gripe is that the packaging for the disks is abysmal, and may result in scratches. I will probably transfer these to another case/cases soon.

-Driven on Blu (2001 Stallone film) for $5 - another blind-buy for me; they also had only one copy of this.

-Platoon on Blu for $3 - wow

-Set of Death Wish 2, 3, and 4 on Blu for $5 - great price for these three films in HD Widescreen. All of these are HTF & expensive on individual Blu's, so I'm glad that I was able to get this set for this amazing price. Nice.

It's interesting that the 4400 series DVD boxed set & Driven Blu were both showing up @ Dollar Trees earlier this year. I was never able to find them there, so am glad they finally showed up @ BL. They seem to be among some of the hardest new product to find, since I didn't see more than one of each.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Found a lot of new product at my local Big Lots this past weekend.

Among other items, I saw a lot of the season (and sometimes multi-season) TV series boxed sets, including: CSI (original series set in Vegas), CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Streets of San Francisco, Have Gun will Travel, MacGyver, & Laverne & Shirley - these were between $10 - $15 each.

I did get:

-The 4400 entire series (DVD) for $10 - they only had one copy; this was a blind-buy, but I've heard a lot of good things about this show. The price is great for what you're getting; however, my only gripe is that the packaging for the disks is abysmal, and may result in scratches. I will probably transfer these to another case/cases soon.

-Driven on Blu (2001 Stallone film) for $5 - another blind-buy for me; they also had only one copy of this.

-Platoon on Blu for $3 - wow

-Set of Death Wish 2, 3, and 4 on Blu for $5 - great price for these three films in HD Widescreen. All of these are HTF & expensive on individual Blu's, so I'm glad that I was able to get this set for this amazing price. Nice.

It's interesting that the 4400 series DVD boxed set & Driven Blu were both showing up @ Dollar Trees earlier this year. I was never able to find them there, so am glad they finally showed up @ BL. They seem to be among some of the hardest new product to find, since I didn't see more than one of each.
I believe Driven was one of the DVDs I got for free for sending in proof of purchases to the brothers Warner. I never really felt the "need" to upgrade to blue.

The discs at Dollar Tree tend to move quickly (ie a few days) I've seen some of the same films at the not-quite-correctly-named 99 Cents Only for $1.99.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
1598668106890.png

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Saw "Dynasty" Season Set 1-4 for 15.99 but wasn't interested really in it...... What a deal if you are a fan. I liked it, but preferred "Colbys" of the two.....

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I went to BL on the way home after work - no ILL. They *did * have a few more TVonDVD mega season packs.

Charmed S6-8 (I think - it was the last part of the series) for $10. That was tempting just to get a more compact set (I have the early digipak releases). That's the only one I truly recall being "new" to the store.

There were also tons more of The 4400 sets, which was scarce at first, Dynasty S1-4, more Petticoat Junction S1-3, Streets of San Fran S1-3 and a couple of other restocks. I didn't check the prices on all those but expect them to be what they've been all along.

I saw S1 and S3 of Continuum on DVD. They have S2 on BR. Quite odd on that one. I might go back for that S3 DVD as it's only $5 and the BR of that season is still rather expensive everywhere. Yes, I like to keep everything in a series on the same type of media but with low enough prices that goes out the window.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
While I already own it, picked up season 1 of I Love Lucy on Blu-Ray today at Big Lots. For that price, I'm happy to get it as a spare for a release as well done as this one was.

Along with the seasons 1-5 I Love Lucy set Big Lots had for $20 or so a few weeks back that was also picked up as a spare in case some harm ever befalls some of my DVD's, I've now quadrupled dipped on season 1 on optical disc (The complete series DVD set, the seasons 1-5 bundle on DVD, and two copies of the Blu-Ray).

Some good deals lately at Big Lots. Going to be paying a lot more attention to this thread going forward. In the past month or so, I've picked up the big I Love Lucy, Rawhide, Laverne & Shirley, Beverly Hillbillies, and Petticoat Junction sets (Petticoat Junction was another double dip since my original sets have been heavily watched). And for standalone seasons, I bought season 1 of Hogan's Heroes for $5 since the first disc of my complete series set is discolored, and obviously the Blu-Ray release of I Love Lucy.

I think that's 24 seasons worth of classic tv for under $100.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I went to Big Lots and they still had some of the $15.00 partial series box sets. I picked up Dynasty -1-4. (They had CSI NY-1-4 and Streets of San Francisco 1-3. I did pick up Hogan's Heroes S1 on DVD for $5.00 -I didn't see any other seasons of HH. There were several seasons of The Andy Griffith Show on DVD in the clear packaging and several copies of The Beverly Hillbillies S2 for $5 as well.

I decided to pick up a blu-ray of Mr Selfridge S1 for $5.00 as I had the DVD and wanted the blu-ray to go with the rest of the seasons I have on blu-ray.

There were several copies of the various individual Star Trek Classic Movies as well as the 3 Kelvin timeline blu-ray in the white-cover set for $5.00.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Almost all of those TV sets were cleared out here a couple of weeks ago. I think there was 1 or 2, and nothing I'd want so didn't get titles, when I was there last weekend. They had *nothing* new and have had *nothing* new for 4-8 weeks now.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
BL had the complete VEGAS tv series for $10. they had one only and it sounded like it had a loosey. it was just a small catalogue making the noise. One was slightly loose but wasn't moving and there doesn't look like damage. they also had Love Boat season 1-3 for $15. :( already pad a lot for those. ggRRRrrrr...

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
I was recently @ BL and saw a lot of Disks, but not much that I hadn't seen before several months back; most of this has already been posted. I wonder if BL is getting less new product in due to the pandemic?!

I did get District B13 on Blu for $3. Excellent French action film; I remember seeing this theatrically back in the 200X's at a small art-house theater.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Most of the newer stuff at my BL for Black Friday was small horror titles and Asian action pics, and a restock of the big multi-season TV sets. Lots of CSI (original, Miami, NY), I Love Lucy, Streets of San Francisco, Have Gun Will Travel, Criminal Minds, Dynasty, Petticoat Junction, Laverne & Shirley, The 4400, Point Pleasant, and a couple others I cannot recall.

Plenty of discs overall (two double-sided cardboard displays were packed solid, and a bunch more on the 4-sided media rack, but nothing too exciting. Of course that didn't stop me from buying about a dozen titles, but with most of them at $1.88 or $2.88, they're practically disposable if they suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks