What's new

Big Lots Sale (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mine had several copies of Walking with Dinos 3D and a pixels 3D for $5. Was hoping more 3Ds would show up, but stuff I don't already have such as Open Season 3D. Some time ago I got Cloudy with Meatballs 2 3D for $5 as well. Just watch the first in 3D last weekend I think. Was stunning! So much better than way.
I've seen those previously at my store, I think around Black Friday. They also had copies of Immortals 3D at the time, which I already had in my collection. I also picked up Everest 3D and Gravity 3D at BL in the past.

I haven't been to Big Lots in a while. I'll have to schedule another visit soon.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That's right! I got 500 rise of an empire and Immortals 3Ds too! I was hoping that would continue. Didn't get Everest but I'll sure keep an eye out on it now!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Found the $5 Dreamworks 3D titles at my store tonight. Picked up those I didn't already have. Also saw Paranorman 3D, also for $5. The Dreamworks 3D titles I saw:
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • Rise of the Guardians
  • Turbo
  • Shrek 2
  • Shrek Forever After
  • Mr Peabody & Sherman
  • Madagascar 3
  • Puss in Boots
  • Megamind
  • The Croods
Saw lots of copies of Penguins of Madagascar on blu-ray, but no 3D. Not sure if some stores might have that one.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Found the $5 Dreamworks 3D titles at my store tonight. Picked up those I didn't already have. Also saw Paranorman 3D, also for $5. The Dreamworks 3D titles I saw:
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • Rise of the Guardians
  • Turbo
  • Shrek 2
  • Shrek Forever After
  • Mr Peabody & Sherman
  • Madagascar 3
  • Puss in Boots
  • Megamind
  • The Croods
Saw lots of copies of Penguins of Madagascar on blu-ray, but no 3D. Not sure if some stores might have that one.
My Big Lots! is now a furniture store that sells other things ;) :( ... They only had a few titles there the last time ... I find better deals on blu-rays at the DollarTree (when they have them, as they go fast)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not sure but some stores may be getting additional Dreamworks titles. Stopped by last night and found Shrek the Third 3D and saw the Penguins 3D. Didn't find these last time I was there.

Still no sign of Kung Fu Panda 3, though, which would complete my set.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I posted this in another, non related thread, but it bears repeating since it's BL specific.

Those $5 off $15/$15 off $75 reward coupons stack. I knew they stacked with a 20% off F&F sale but had a couple that were about to expire (one a purchase reward and the other a donation reward but I'd expect them to stack with 2 purchase reward coupons) and gave it a shot. Took $10 off a $21 purchase. Surprised both me and the checker. I was ready to split it into two $15 purchases (and get more stuff so I'd have enough) if it didn't.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
$2.88 is darn good! Looking forward to that.

you can get the samsung promo 4 movie Shrek set on ebay. But mine came with a cardboard disc and code that didn't work. They partial refunded and I bought a 3D disc in a paper sleeve for about $5 I think. Real worried about skipping, I'm on movie 3. Definitely a set I'd like dups with.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Saw a few new goodies at Big Lots.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
3D for I think $5 (I already had it so I didn't look too close).

Season sets of Dexter on blu-ray for $5 each. The only seasons I did not see were 2 and 5.

Ray Donovan Season 1 on blu and DVD, either $5 or $3.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
I still haven't found the first Shrek in 3D either.

Hit 2 Big Lots in western CT in the last few days. Will try a third on Thursday.

Many incredible $5 3D finds so far! For some reason, Walking With Dinosaurs movie rang up as $2.50

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
For those of you who were looking for Dexter season 2 and 5, I hit four Big Lots stores in Connecticut and they had all the other Seasons except 2 and 5.

And if anyone sees Shrek 1 in 3D, lmk.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
For those of you who were looking for Dexter season 2 and 5, I hit four Big Lots stores in Connecticut and they had all the other Seasons except 2 and 5.
Good to know. A little odd that those two are missing, but I think it's happened before with TV season sets at BL. Seems like they're usually missing one or two seasons.

But $30 for six seasons on blu-ray is pretty good, even if you have to track down the other two elsewhere.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
they have some new stuff out. I got Gregory Pecks centennial collection with To Kill A mockingbird, which I already have the book edition of but it arrived smashed, and cape fear, which I didn't have. $5. nice back up and a movie I CAN'T WAIT to see again. would have loved a set with both versions of Cape instead.

Lock stock and two smoking barrels steel book. $5

They had a few single sets of Universal Monsters, Drac and Mummy. $5 each. not sure why someone would bother with the big huge sets out there, including the 8 movie one for about twice that.

I still need to go through the stack thorough, so much stacked badly it would hurt to really do it like I like. happy with what I found and all that was on top. No telling what is in the back storage!!

I also got The Dragon Nest for $3 that has a 3D version on it they don't brag about too much. Wandering if it will play worse than Spykids or Clash of the Titans in 3D.

got The nOtebook/Lucky ONes blu set for $3 for some chickflicking for my lonely ass this Valentines Day. :unsure:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
They had a few single sets of Universal Monsters, Drac and Mummy. $5 each. not sure why someone would bother with the big huge sets out there, including the 8 movie one for about twice that.
Because those singles are "steel book" affairs with artwork done by Alex Ross. I'd pay $5/each for 'em just for the packaging. Yes, I own all the Legacy BR sets (and twice on DVD and several singles).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks