What's new

Big Lots Sale (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^ I'll grab one of those! thanks bob and Malcolm!!

I'm sure this is old news to most, but I recently found one copy of the '87 Robocop on Blu @ Big Lots for $3. They've had plenty of copies of the 2014 Robocop re-boot for a couple of years (which I also really enjoyed), but this is the first time I saw the '87 film there. In any case, excellent deal for a fantastic film on Blu - if you can find it.
I hate to say this but I saw it for $1.88 near black friday. the blu ray. I nearly got it as a gift for my ex bro-in-law. I got him nothing instead. lol

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'm sure this is old news to most, but I recently found one copy of the '87 Robocop on Blu @ Big Lots for $3. They've had plenty of copies of the 2014 Robocop re-boot for a couple of years (which I also really enjoyed), but this is the first time I saw the '87 film there. In any case, excellent deal for a fantastic film on Blu - if you can find it.
A few months ago,I found a few blurays of the original release of RoboCop (1987) at DollarTree for $1 each - even though I had the trilogy set ...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
^^ I'll grab one of those! thanks bob and Malcolm!!
On the other hand, if you ever happen to see Bonehill Road at one of these sales, avoid at all costs. By coincidence, I happened to be watching this yesterday when your post popped up asking about Werewolf: The Beast Among Us. I soon wished I was re-watching that film instead of this one. What a dud. Another case of getting sucked in by a cover design that far exceeds anything in the film itself (and that "Road Closed" sign at the lower right? Absolutely nothing to do with the film.)

MV5BZThiMGZhNGQtM2JhOS00ZDE1LThkNzUtYWEzYmY5YWM2MGIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTg0MTI3Mg@@._V1_.jpg

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
2 weeks ago I bought the clam shell ET with 7.1 from 2017 for $5 and I've never seen a UHD disc there in any of the 4 places I go to. Also, viewed WEREWOLF: THE BEAST WITHIN and INCARNATE and they were both darn good.

Started to watch THE AWAKENING today, but decided to watch it with the wife instead. She likes period pieces.

Going there tomorrow to see what they got in.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Found a few classic titles on blu-ray at BL yesterday. Not sure if they're new, or just titles I hadn't noticed before:

$5 Grand Hotel
$5 The Birds (2016 packaging Pop Art cover)
$3 In Old Arizona (rang up at half-price, $1.50)

Of course, I went there hoping to pick up Dreamworks' 3D Rise of the Guardians. Didn't pick it up previously as I thought I had it already but there was an error in my DVD Profiler listing. I know they had multiple copies a few weeks ago, but nary a copy to be found yesterday (though most other Dreamworks 3D's were still available). Will have to check another store sometime.

Also saw Warcraft 3D ($5), but just purchased that from Amazon not too long ago for $11. :rolleyes:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
In Old Arizona is a great movie - absolutely worth $1.50! I think my copy was $5 some time back.

I recently picked up the Steelbook Alex Ross cover The Mummy (1932) for $5 (originally a BB exclusive). It was purchased solely for the box/cover (I already own 2 BR copies). There are reports of the other classic Universal titles in Steelbook editions at BL. I've not seen them yet.

I'm not a big fan of The Birds (I've always thought the much lauded visual effects look rather cheesy) but would pick up a BR at that price should one turn up here.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Big Lots store near me (the last remnant in a small mall which had been anchored by a K-Mart) closed some days ago.

I didn't go in there too often. I guess that was part of their problem. :unsure:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Also saw Warcraft 3D ($5), but just purchased that from Amazon not too long ago for $11. :rolleyes:
Good luck on Guardians. Got mom that and Secret life of Pets, both 3D and she said they were awesome. Specifically said Guardians was awesome and "that other one" was great too... "but... Guardians... ". :D I still need to see it.

The UK Hitchcock collection is a really great value. It includes Birds. I'm on Frenzy now.

We never had a k-mart but we have a Sears. And they said "we're doin ok.." on a remote they did recently. Which probably mean "oh lord help us!!"

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Some new titles at my store tonight. Several Marilyn Monroe blu-rays for $5 each:
  • River of No Return
  • Bus Stop
  • How to Marry a Millionaire
  • Niagara
  • There's No Business Like Show Business
  • Some Like It Hot (possibly a Canadian release; has a bilingual cover)
  • Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
  • The Misfits
Several multi-title packs on blu and/or DVD:
  • Blumhouse Collection (DVD - Get Out, Split, The Purge, The Purge: Anarchy, The Purge: Election Year, Unfriended, Ouija: Origin of Evil, The Visit)
  • Fox Horror Classics Vol 2 DVD (Chandu The Magician, Dr. Renault's Secret, Dragonwyck)
  • Spy Game/State of Play (Blu)
  • Daredevil/Elektra/League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Blu)
  • Don Knotts - 4-movie Laugh Pack DVD (The Reluctant Astronaut / The Shakiest Gun in the West / The Love God? / The Ghost and Mr. Chicken)
Some new TV season sets on DVD:
  • Crossbones (John Malkovich pirate show)
  • Alphas
  • The Starter Wife (with Debra Messing)
  • Grimm
Also steelbook of The Mummy (Universal classic film)

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Thanks for the info. I haven't been to Big Lots in a while & it's not that close to me, but I always like to check out the great deals on Blu's/DVD's when I'm in that part of town.

Re: the recent post, I'm a huge fan of the first three Purge films (and the TV show from last year).

Also, the Alphas TV show is great. It's very underrated and only lasted 2 short seasons. The premise is that a group of people with extraordinary abilities are brought together by a leader who trains them how to use their abilities & how to work together. At first glance, it seems to be an "X-men" copy - but I found it to be unique & interesting.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Also, the Alphas TV show is great. It's a very underrated & short lived (2 short seasons) series about a group of people with extraordinary abilities; it's not an "X-men" copy, but unique & interesting.
My store had both seasons on DVD. Might go back and pick them up at this weekend's sale. I couldn't remember if it went any longer than two seasons, but I vaguely remember watching some of the episodes during their broadcast run and enjoying them..

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Thanks for the info. I haven't been to Big Lots in a while & it's not that close to me, but I always like to check out the great deals on Blu's/DVD's when I'm in that part of town.

Re: the recent post, I'm a huge fan of the first three Purge films (and the TV show from last year).

Also, the Alphas TV show is great. It's very underrated and only lasted 2 short seasons. The premise is that a group of people with extraordinary abilities are brought together by a leader who trains them how to use their abilities & how to work together. At first glance, it seems to be an "X-men" copy - but I found it to be unique & interesting.

My store had both seasons on DVD. Might go back and pick them up at this weekend's sale. I couldn't remember if it went any longer than two seasons, but I vaguely remember watching some of the episodes during their broadcast run and enjoying them..

It did have one of the absolute worst “didn’t realize it was a series finale” cliffhanger endings ever.

Apart from that, it was an enjoyable series.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Friends and Family 20% off Weekend starting tomorrow I think as well.
If you have a $5 off 15 coupon the discounts seem to stack
They have stacked in past sales. Just be careful as they take the 20% off *first* then the coupon. I failed to take that into account the last time I did the stacking sales bit and cost myself $10 (the 20% off took the total under $75 so I only got $5 - all I needed was another ~$4 of stuff to have gotten that extra $10 off using the $15 off $75 part). I didn't notice until I'd already gotten home. Bummer. Won't make that mistake again.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yes, it pays sometimes to browse through the selection and check for other copies of the same titles. Occasionally they have different prices.
I actually didn't buy it. I did put in the back behind some things only some crazy person would buy. I'll prob grab it tomorrow when I'll out seeing Pet Sematary. (had to edit. I did none of this that weekend lol)

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
they have some nice stuff.
X-mens 1, 2, last stand, wolverine origin, first class.
I have to go back and get origin since I thought that was the one in 3D. different movie that. I think they also have days of future past but not the 3D which I already have.

Daredevil, electra, League of Extraordianry gentlemen. set for $5

got silent house for $3. good movie, disappointing ending

Walking w dinos 3d and Immortals 3d for $3 each. all other 3Ds are still $5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks