1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Big Lots Sale

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Jon Martin, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    ^^ I'll grab one of those! thanks bob and Malcolm!!

I hate to say this but I saw it for $1.88 near black friday. the blu ray. I nearly got it as a gift for my ex bro-in-law. I got him nothing instead. lol

2. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    A few months ago,I found a few blurays of the original release of RoboCop (1987) at DollarTree for $1 each - even though I had the trilogy set ...

The Drifter and Radioman970 like this.
  3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    On the other hand, if you ever happen to see Bonehill Road at one of these sales, avoid at all costs. By coincidence, I happened to be watching this yesterday when your post popped up asking about Werewolf: The Beast Among Us. I soon wished I was re-watching that film instead of this one. What a dud. Another case of getting sucked in by a cover design that far exceeds anything in the film itself (and that "Road Closed" sign at the lower right? Absolutely nothing to do with the film.)

[​IMG]

Radioman970 likes this.
  4. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    He looks a LOT like the one in American Werewolf in London. That would fool me too. Looks scarys.. oh well..

Malcolm R likes this.
  5. Message #1445 of 1449 Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    John Sparks

John Sparks Cinematographer

John Sparks
    2 weeks ago I bought the clam shell ET with 7.1 from 2017 for $5 and I've never seen a UHD disc there in any of the 4 places I go to. Also, viewed WEREWOLF: THE BEAST WITHIN and INCARNATE and they were both darn good.

Started to watch THE AWAKENING today, but decided to watch it with the wife instead. She likes period pieces.

Going there tomorrow to see what they got in.

Radioman970 likes this.
  6. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Found a few classic titles on blu-ray at BL yesterday. Not sure if they're new, or just titles I hadn't noticed before:

$5 Grand Hotel
    $5 The Birds (2016 packaging Pop Art cover)
    $3 In Old Arizona (rang up at half-price, $1.50)

Of course, I went there hoping to pick up Dreamworks' 3D Rise of the Guardians. Didn't pick it up previously as I thought I had it already but there was an error in my DVD Profiler listing. I know they had multiple copies a few weeks ago, but nary a copy to be found yesterday (though most other Dreamworks 3D's were still available). Will have to check another store sometime.

Also saw Warcraft 3D ($5), but just purchased that from Amazon not too long ago for $11. :rolleyes:

Radioman970 likes this.
  7. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    In Old Arizona is a great movie - absolutely worth $1.50! I think my copy was $5 some time back.

I recently picked up the Steelbook Alex Ross cover The Mummy (1932) for $5 (originally a BB exclusive). It was purchased solely for the box/cover (I already own 2 BR copies). There are reports of the other classic Universal titles in Steelbook editions at BL. I've not seen them yet.

I'm not a big fan of The Birds (I've always thought the much lauded visual effects look rather cheesy) but would pick up a BR at that price should one turn up here.

Radioman970 and Malcolm R like this.
  8. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

The Big Lots store near me (the last remnant in a small mall which had been anchored by a K-Mart) closed some days ago.

I didn't go in there too often. I guess that was part of their problem. :unsure:

9. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    Good luck on Guardians. Got mom that and Secret life of Pets, both 3D and she said they were awesome. Specifically said Guardians was awesome and "that other one" was great too... "but... Guardians... ". :D I still need to see it.

The UK Hitchcock collection is a really great value. It includes Birds. I'm on Frenzy now.

We never had a k-mart but we have a Sears. And they said "we're doin ok.." on a remote they did recently. Which probably mean "oh lord help us!!"