What's new

Arrested Development Ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Hey, T-bone! Is the Hole going to be availiable from 4 to 6?"
"I don't even want to know what that means."

"We're going to try a more normal living arrangement, George Michael. I'll be sleeping with my daughter, and you can sleep with your uncle."

Truly great television.

I was disappointed that they didn't have the scene with Tobias taking off the cut-offs (and the sock!) that was advertised throughout the Sunday line-up.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Moebe: So you wanna go to the movies or something?
George Michael: I'll let you know when I get back from the lab.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Let it go, Patrick. It has been several episodes, now. In not signing her for multiple episodes, I'm sure the producers are saying to themselves: "We think we've made a huge mistake" :)

Regards,

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I thought I was crazy too because I thought the Marta from her first appearance was very beautiful and then all of a sudden she was just okay.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Lucille brings Carl Weathers over and actually says, "Guess who's coming to dinner?" And what was the scene from Predator?

The thing with Marta revolved around Michael and Gob not knowing what "hermano" means. For guys living (born and raised?) in Southern California, that seems unlikely, but still pretty funny.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
True, but the Bluths often seem pretty sheltered. There probably weren't any Spanish-speaking kids in their school (and even if there were, they'd get in trouble for speaking), GOB can be insanely oblivious, and Michael... Well, I guess it could happen.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Just a few weeks ago, multiple Bluths were under the impression that Portugal was in South America, so thinking that "hermano" was a person's name is pretty consistent with the established pattern of obliviousness.

Regards,

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Bluths were mad rich before their father's incarceration, so it doesn't surprise me, either, that they were be ignorant of Spanish, even if they lived in California.

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
Me too. I was wondering why I didn't think Marta looked as good recently. Who is the first actress who played her? I'll take her, please.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Leonor Varela was the original Marta. She was also in Blade II (though I thought her acting in that film pretty amatuerish).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
She also played Cleopatra in the ABC miniseries.

Check out post #145 if you want other photos :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks