What's new

Arrested Development Ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
Why do so many people expect to see one single episode of any program and to be utterly amazed? What program in the history of tv has ever been so excellent on the very first episode that it was critically acclaimed (not just the usual BS media hype, but true quality)?

I'll give any new program at least a few viewings before I decide.

Seems some of the best, longest-lasting programs ever, started very slowly with initially low viewership...

I was lucky to catch this series by mistake--haven't missed an episode yet...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps I need to know the characters better or something. Lucille struck me as funny...but little else so far.
This is a big part of it. For instance, Lucille's bigotry towards "the Jews" plays off an earlier episode where the father found God in solitary confinement and converted to Judaism. If you can find the pilot it might help your understanding of the proceeding episodes.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Adam, I always thought the Bluths were Jewish, after the Dad's "vision" I just assumed they were.

GOB's 'Murder' comment had me laughing all day today, I kept picturing the look on his face, his voice, and the music that played and I kept laughing out loud.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
For scheduling issues, I haven't caught this show since last year until last night, I felt out of the loop and the show wasn't nearly as funny as the earlier ones in the fall. It had it's moments. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD though!! I'm sure I'll fall back on the saddle next time it airs. (will it air after the superbowl and conflict with survivor?)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I doubt Fox has the cujones to run their shows agains the Super Bowl.

Unfortunately, I missed last night's episode. If there's a DVD box, I'll definitely get it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Adam, I always thought the Bluths were Jewish, after the Dad's "vision" I just assumed they were.
They've never said one way or the other. I can see how you'd interpret it that way, from which you could see Lucille's comment as bitterly ironic.

Regardless of which faith they actually are (besides the father), the show has established that the rest of them are lapsed.

Lowell_B

Second Unit
Just figured I'd chime in on this terrific show after Sunday's great episode. It's a shame I've missed a few episodes here and there, Carl Weathers appearance was just classic. I know we're going to be in the minority here, because CYE is such an amazing show, but I'm with Jeremiah in that I'm really starting to enjoy Arrested Development more than Curb. I really, really hope that FOX keeps it running for awhile, just a wonderful little show. Great news on the DVD's too.

Lowell

Robin Warren

Second Unit
Gotta love George Michael.
Best line of his was at the Banana Stand.

The publicists asks him "Are you proud of yourself?"

"Yeah, I got a bum away from the Banana Stand without hurting his feelings, that was pretty good"

LOL.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
The publicists asks him "Are you proud of yourself?"

"Yeah, I got a bum away from the Banana Stand without hurting his feelings, that was pretty good"
LOL, there are just too many good lines to remember, i gotta break out my vcr and start taping this show.

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
Don't forget that the publicist's hatchet-job article on the Bluth family was accompanied by another article about George-Michael's "philanthropy": "BUM GETS BALLOON."

(Oh, and the publicist was played by Jill Ritchie, younger sister of Kid Rock, if you can believe that.)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I love this show and so does one of my good friends. My only complaint is the unnecessary "shakey cam" which distracts from the hilarious writing and acting.

I'm moving it into the TIVO so that I stop missing episodes.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Terrific! Carl Weathers and the stew lines were funny as hell! And sticking that little scene from PREDATOR in there was a nice touch. I am SO kicking myself for not recording this series from the beginning!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Any TV show that has both Liza Minelli and Carl Whethers on it is a cool show in my book.
Great show and it kept me laughing.

Tivo is good (I just got it myself) because it will record this and Alias when they are both on.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Yet another great episode.

Carl Whethers and his stew was just hilarious.

Best line of the night had to be Buster's "I can blow my self".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks