What's new

Arrested Development Ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
It was also nice to see Henry Winkler again as the attorney. And besides Heather Graham, upcoming episodes will have guest stars including Julia Louis-Dreyfus and James Lipton. Not that this show even needs to rely on stunt casting - but it will still be funny to see these actors in such a bizarre series.

Speaking of which, anyone know how the show is doing in the ratings?

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i thought i read somwhere the julia louis dreyfus thing isnt' happening, she wanted more money than they wanted to pay, i thought they went with heather graham instead or something?

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
Originally, the asked Julia Louis Dreyfus, and she demanded too much money, so they decided not to go that route. But after a little while, Ms. Dreyfus changed her mind, so they ended up finally getting her to agree to do the show. She will be playing a blind attorney; Heather Graham will be George Michael's ethics teacher and potential love interest for Michael; James Lipton will be a warden.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Since Boomtown was cancelled and Friends and Angel is ending after this season, if Arrested Development gets cancelled I'll just get rid of cable and use my TV as a monitor.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But Arrested Development is on Fox, which gets 30 million for American Idol, so it's not a matter of not enough Fox affiliates nationwide.

RubenL

Auditioning
No episode tonight...it was replaced by a repeat of the Simpsons.

Ugh, Fox pisses me off. I hope it isn't cancelled.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Ruben: This is a scheduled hiatus. The price of having new episodes when everyone else is repeats is that on occasion you need to be off when everyone else is new.

The show will return two weeks from today with the Heather Graham episode.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I hope it hasn't been cancelled. Fox has been known to cancel shows even better than this one (although, come to think of it, the only other great shows Fox has ever had IMHO were The X-Files and Family Guy; however, one was allowed to die a horribly painful death for ratings and the other dumped without giving it a chance).

If this show is cancelled I don't think I'll watch anything but Oliver Beane (which still is cancelled, unfortunately; they're just running last season's unaired episodes) and Malcolm in the Middle on Fox anymore. Their "reality" shows are despicable.

Dan

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Fox has had a lot of great shows. The X-Files was indeed creatively raped for the ratings, but Fox gave Family Guy two or three restarts before finally dropping the Axe.

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
Family Guy was one of the best Cartoons on TV EVER! I'm a long time Simpsons fan but I never laughed at the Simpsons like I did the Family Guy. This coming from a guy that has over 30 Video Tapes of the Simpsons dating back to 1991. I stopped recording once they annouced the DVD releases.

Arrested Development is getting critical acclaim from what I hear. Hopefully Fox will let it ride for a while. Especially with Friends going off the air next year and NBC having no great new replacement for it. There should be a chunk of viewers up for grabs.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
From The Futon Critic:
FOX is looking to give its ratings-challenged comedy "Arrested Development" an extra boost, as the network announced today it has scheduled a new installment of the series for Wednesday, March 17 at 9:30/8:30c following an expanded one-hour "American Idol" results show.

The news marks the fifth time the network has used "American Idol" to highlight one of its series this season. FOX used a one-hour "Idol" on Wednesday, February 4 to launch the second season of "Oliver Beene" and plans to do so again next Tuesday for "Forever Eden" and on Tuesday, March 9 and Wednesday, March 10 for the two-night debut of the midseason comedy "Cracking Up."
So, in place of "The O.C" (on a two- or three- week hiatus), they'll be premiering new series. This is good news for the show, as the post-"American Idol" time slot is very sweet. It's certainly been good to "O.C.", which I don't think has dropped below 3rd on Weds. nights. Let's just hope this isn't another example of Fox's time slot tango that killed shows like "Undeclared".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a warning that tonight's episode (with Heather Graham) has been reported as listed as a "Repeat" in Tivo and ReplayTV channel guides. It is for my ReplayTV listings, so I thought it deserved to be mentioned in case we have some Tivo users who don't have their Tivo's record "repeats".

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
It is for my ReplayTV listings, so I thought it deserved to be mentioned in case we have some Tivo users who don't have their Tivo's record "repeats".
Patrick, as someone who's been screwed by this before, thanks for the heads-up! :emoji_thumbsup:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
[at school prom] "Hey, Lisa."
[looking at picture of Sadaam in bathing suit] "That lawn ornament looks exactly like the one out back."
"Mr. Daniels had a stroke." [laughs]
"I wanted someone really shocking ... I even asked Mr. Daniels, but all I got was some heavy breathing and the line went dead."

And then of course we have George Sr. inadvertantly ruining the case against him by taking a little grope at a boobie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks