What's new

Arrested Development Ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Why would a network give a series one more year when it can't find the time to schedule one more episode?
Big Fox/News Corp probably sees Arrested Development as a good long-term investment. It's not terribly expensive to produce, will likely get decent third-run numbers on FX or in syndication if and when it's got enough episodes for that, and given the current buzz on it will likely sell some DVDs this fall. And its ratings have held relatively steady, with a sligh bump after the Tuesday/Julia Louis-Dreyfuss show which didn't disappear a week later.

Fox Network, though, has to please its affiliates, and sweeps are much more important for local affiliates than for the network. And the affiliates don't care what an artistic success Arrested Development is if Simpsons or Malcolm re-runs will get them higher ratings in the short term (which translates into higher ad revenues over the next year).

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
This is still unofficial news, but The Futon Critic got some leaked info from this week's upfronts and various sources. An item to note:
On the flip side, good news for fans of "Tru Calling" and "Arrested Development" as both series have begun staffing for the 2004-05 season, a sure sign renewals are around the corner for each. No news yet on the rest of the network's plans.
Like I said, no official announcement, but that's as good a sign as any. After last night's "Simpsons," I am officially in love with Fox TV. Oh, and all of their "Fox Widescreen" 480p offerings (including AD) will be in 720p HD starting in the fall season.

*swoon*

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I have no idea why this show wasn't picked up months ago. Just saw the last episode finally and it was hillarious.

"Is this what you want?" Michael talking to Tobias.
"Oh God no."
"Well, this could be Maebe one day."
"Oh, I don't want this for Maebe either."

LMAO!!!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Don't forget to set your Tivos - the "lost" episode airs this Sunday, 6/6, at 8:30.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
You're welcome. I thought I would stick to HTF policy and provide testosterone-fueled photos at every opportunity :)

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
According to the bits Arrested Development is set to hit DVD this fall...

Arrested Development: The Complete First Season also debuts on 10/19 (SRP $39.98) on 3 discs, including the unaired pilot episode, audio commentary tracks, deleted/extended scenes, audio of original songs, behind-the-scenes featurettes, video of The Museum of Television & Radio Q&A (with creator Mitchell Hurwitz and the cast), promos, Easter eggs and more.
Cant wait :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For fans of Arrested Development, be sure to check out the stars of the show was they play for charity on Bravo's Celebrity Poker Showdown on tonight 9 p.m. EDT.

Here's the players in tonight's showdown:

Will Arnett
Jason Bateman
David Cross
Peter Facinelli
Judy Greer

(if they could have substituted Facinelli will any other AD cast member, that would have been sweet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks