What's new

Your favorite shows over the past twenty years. (2 Viewers)

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
1 - Battlestar Galactica. Excellent storytelling throughout the run!

2 - Canada's Worst Driver. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Everything else that interests me are mainly British panel shows.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Haven't read through everyone else's choices, but here's mine, in alphabetical order:

The Americans
Battlestar Galactica
Carnivàle
Charlie Jade
Deadwood
Dispatches from Elsewhere
The Expanse
Fargo
Farscape
Firefly
Hell on Wheels
Justified
The Leftovers
Longmire
The Shield
Station Eleven
Treme
Watchmen
The Wire

On edit:
Hannibal
Intelligence
Twin Peaks: The Return

There are a lot of other shows that I love, but these are the ones that stand out above all else.

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
1 - Fringe - An all time favorite show. Of the shows I've listed this easily had my favorite cast in terms of the rapport that I thought the series and actors developed with me, the viewer. Some great mind bending concepts in this series. The show's finale was excellent and did a very nice job of wrapping up the show in an emotionally resonant manner.

There are a few shows that just missed the cut that I really love, but these are all easily favorites.

- Walter,

How do we know that you're actually Walter, and not Walternate?

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Here are my top five:

5 - The Office. Funny, and even after the Jim/Pam relationship developed, there were so many weird characters, and funny moments.

4 - The Walking Dead. Yeah I know, this series hit the wall years ago, but still, zombies on a weekly basis, great SFX, and makeup, and true horror (at least in the earlier seasons). It was really good early on and some of the best TV I had the pleasure of watching.

3 - Dexter. Riveting, and although the later seasons weren't as good as the first 4 (1, and 4 being the absolute best) it was still a very very good series. Music score by Daniel Licht was the icing on the cake. Creepy, and satisfying series that I used to binge before "binge watching" was a household term.

2 - Buffy the Vampire Slayer. What can I say, it was a weird, and wonderful series that was superbly acted, and written. Joss Whedon and his gifted team of writers made the series great.

1 - The Sopranos. A classic. The characters, and production were second to none. And I thought the final episode was brilliant. Not a letdown.
Buffy defintly tops the list but actually it's a 90's television series.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Most, if not all of these have been mentioned but here is my list:
The Sopranos
The West Wing
Bosch
The Mentalist
Elementary
Person Of Interest
Game Of Thrones
Lost (At least the first couple seasons until I determined the writers were the ones who were lost.)
Ozark
Burn Notice
In Plain Sight
Monk
The mentalist,was great,in plain sight,was very underrated television shows of the 2000's.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Haven't read through everyone else's choices, but here's mine, in alphabetical order:

The Americans
Battlestar Galactica
Carnivàle
Charlie Jade
Deadwood
Dispatches from Elsewhere
The Expanse
Fargo
Farscape
Firefly
Hell on Wheels
Justified
The Leftovers
Longmire
The Shield
Station Eleven
Treme
Watchmen
The Wire

On edit:
Hannibal
Intelligence
Twin Peaks: The Return

There are a lot of other shows that I love, but these are the ones that stand out above all else.
What about wildfire or kyle xy.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
i have seen many of their lists,but here's mine
Wildfire
Kyle xy
Lincoln heights
Greek
Make it or break it
Switched at birth
Shadowhunters
The bold type
Gilmore girls
Alias
La femme nikita (very much 90's but it ran during the 2000's.)
Sheena
Without a trace
Cold case.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
7 OF MY FAVES:

NCIS

NCIS: NEW ORLEANS (I like NCIS:L.A. too, but like N.O. more)

PERSON OF INTEREST

LAW & ORDER: LOS ANGELES (Started strong; lost momentum/audience due to untimely & unnecessary 4--month midseason hiatus)

MONK

THE DISTRICT (Craig T. Nelson)

HUSTLE (British quasi--"Mission Impossible" crime caper show featuring Robert Vaughn)

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Seriously,wow.you've missed out on these great shows.

(1) If you enjoy those shows -- and many, many others -- it's good that they make you happy. But not everything works for everyone. There are bound to be things that grab your interest and not mine, and others things that grab my interest and not yours. That's what makes horse races.

(2) The older I get (and I'm closing in on the age of 69), the more I realize that I'll never travel to all of the places worth going to, never read all of the books worth reading, never hear all of the music worth listening to, never see all of the movies worth seeing, and never watch all of the TV shows worth watching. I'm pretty sure that when I'm lying in my deathbed, and the Grim Reaper is at the door crooking his finger for me to accompany him, I'm not going to worry about all of the things I've missed in life.

All I can do is pick and choose what I want to spend time with and spend time doing, and not worry about what falls by the wayside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks