What's new

Arrested Development Ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Damn. Forgot to record this...again. Really sucks that this is on at the same time as Alias. :angry:

But then, dammit! I just remembered today Alias was on at 10pm! Only if I changed to Fox instead of sitting through that damn Jessica Simpson show!

Dammit!!!!!!! :angry:

:D

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
Two great things...

GOBIAS!

and

paraphrasing....

"You know that secret you have? The hair no one is supposed to know about? Well, I saw it."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I know I shouldn't watch this show when I'm tired (via time-shifting), but I thought it was merely average, with a few chuckles here and there.

But the way Tobias assumed a stauncher posture because he was acting on behalf of "Gobias" was pretty amusing.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Patrick, I thought it was an average episode.

My favorite parts have already been mentioned.

~T

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Michael: "That's got to be the weakest bluff I've ever heard."

Narrator: "The members of GOBIAS didn't disagree."

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Iloved the voice over from R.H regarding Lindsay being shocked that there was a war taking place.

But then, dammit! I just remembered today Alias was on at 10pm! Only if I changed to Fox instead of sitting through that damn Jessica Simpson show!
Why would you sit through anything like that??

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Why would you sit through anything like that??
I was reading on my computer and didn't want to sit through some old Simpson reruns (a particular episode which I hated) so I changed to that NBC 9/11 show, which was boring. I did some channel surfing when I came to ABC which had a tv spot for Alias (which I had thought wouldn't be on) for 10pm. Didn't care so I basically just kept the TV on ABC 'til Alias. :)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Currently the vote for AD is 38.07% Keep, 35.88% Drop, 26.04% Don't Care. That doesn't sound too good, but it's actually the 2nd highest Keep percentage, just a hair ahead of "Tru Calling". Number one is "Enterprise", with an astounding 60.04 Keep percentage.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The Trekkies come out in force, when necessary.

It's disheartening to see how high the Drop percentage is, though. Why so much hatred for this show?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
FYI, no new Arrested Development episode will be on this Sunday due to "24" being shuffled to the 9 p.m. EDT timeslot as Fox will cover the Presidential press conference on Tuesday night.

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator
Currently the vote for AD is 38.07% Keep, 35.88% Drop, 26.04% Don't Care. That doesn't sound too good, but it's actually the 2nd highest Keep percentage, just a hair ahead of "Tru Calling". Number one is "Enterprise", with an astounding 60.04 Keep percentage.
I just finished voting and the Keep percentage for AD has moved up to 38.84% while the Drop and Don't Care percentages have dropped to 35.38% and 25.78% respectively. So it looks like the Keeps are slowly pulling ahead. Still the second highest Keep percentage, but what I find telling is that only Enterprise and AD have Keep percentages higher than both the Drop/Don't Care percentages. The other shows all have Keep percentages that are outnumbered by the Drops or Don't Cares (or sometimes both).

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I voted as well.

34% that want to drop Arrested Development? Drop this and we'll get The Swan 2.

Interesting that they can get so many people that like Enterprise to vote but not enough people to watch. Hmmmmmm.
The only reason that was number one was because of the large fanbase and they probably rallied the troops together to get them to vote.
These are the fans that vote every episode on trekweb as being Excellent or Great even when it stinks.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
There's an article in my local paper today about low rated TV series and it's all about Arrested Development. It talks about how great the show is despite it's low ratings and the likely possibility of it not coming back next year. Looks like we may only get to enjoy two more new shows from this great series. :frowning:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Interesting that they can get so many people that like Enterprise to vote but not enough people to watch. Hmmmmmm.
It's almost as if Enterprise has a disproportionately tech-savvy, organized fanbase, the type that is almost guaranteed to favorably skew an online poll.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I am such a AD fan, I watched it while in Vegas this weekend! It was nice to see mother actually act motherly toward Michael. The development of these characters are the prize you get for watching every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks