What's new

Arrested Development Ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
If this show gets canned along with my already-cancelled favorite show Angel... I'm SELLING MY TELEVISION. :D

Okay, maybe not that extreme, but I'll still be pissed ;)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I don't how good this news can qualify as, but the The Futon Critic is reporting that AD (repeats, I assume) is still on the summer schedule. Keep in mind that Fox isn't even promising anything during their late-May "upfronts"--where all the networks tout news on upcoming shows and let us know which current shows are being renewed--so it could just be a theoretical schedule for the show. But keeping it running during the summer is a good sign.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Tonight's episode didn't start off that good but it got better.

The funniest thing was seeing Buster and Anyon fighting in the background.

~T

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So was this the last episode of the season? I think a blurb in Entertainment Weekly said it was and I don't usually trust the "next time" teasers.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Never mind - I checked the Fox site and it WAS the season finale. Here's hoping the DVD comes out shortly!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Last one to air during the official season; there's still one more in the can. I imagine that we won't see it broadcast unless Fox picks the show up for a second season; otherwise, it'll probably be used as enticement for people to buy the DVD set (which I think there's a good chance of, even if the show isn't picked up).

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
The-take your daughter to work day gag throughout the episode was executed to fine comic effect down to almost each scene having a daughter there to help the Dad with their work.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Guard's Daughter: "NO TOUCHING!":D

Lots of great guest stars like Mr. Show's John Ennis, Jay Johnston, and Jerry Minor and KITH's Kevin McDonald.

They HAVE TO renew this show.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Micheal Jr: So you ever have trouble with girls?

GOB: You mean like, if there's three of us and I don't know where to start?

No I've never had any complaints.

[under his breath]at least not from the girl[/under his breath]

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Two words made this episode better than anything I've seen all week. "Go fatty" (Annyong's response to Buster's "Why should I cheer for Annyong, Annyong never cheers for me" statement in case you need a reminder) LOL who knew Annyong was such a sarcastic lil b@stard. Good stuff, good stuff. I pray for a renewal.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh boy, another fun episode, too bad we have to go another month before getting another episode (fingers crossed).

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
John_Lee - easily my favorite line of the episode as well.

My second choice is right when Buster was leaving Uncle Oscar's trailer and he muttered under his breath in a high pitched whiney voice "I'm a man..." as Oscar was giving him a massage.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The "Take your daughter to work" episode was bumped to this week when 24 was bumped to Sunday the previous week. The season finale was supposed to air this past Sunday until the bump. They have since re-scheduled the finale to air on June 6 per Gabe's post.

Regards,

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I loved this episode! :D The whole "take your daughter to work" thing was great. "Go fatty" was also my favorite line. :D

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
Jeffrey Tambor is on The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn right now and he just said that it looks good for a pickup.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
This from TV guide...

April 26, 2004
Last night, I said goodbye to Fox's Arrested Development with quite a bit of apprehension. Not just because the network has yet to renew the show — that decision may not be made until late next month, when Fox announces more details of its evolving lineup on May 20 — but because the episode billed as its "season finale" wasn't really intended to be.

The first season ended one episode short because a recent schedule crunch following a presidential press conference shifted 24 to Sunday, pushing this struggling comedy off the lineup. (As one of my co-workers suggested to me, why didn't Fox just replace one of its umpteen Simpsons repeats with that week's Arrested Development? It would have made sense, while also giving the show a chance to see how well it could perform in the more hospitable post-Simpsons time period.)

The episode that aired April 25 was, as usual, very funny, with a running gag involving the annual "bring your daughter to work day" that illuminated many of the hilarious neuroses in the Bluth family. But there was supposed to be one more episode, intended as a cliffhanger of sorts, that is now in limbo, as Fox benches this brilliantly eccentric series in anticipation of the season's final sweeps period. I've read the script of this unaired episode, and it's a doozy, involving a revelation of more malfeasance
— this time international — on the part of patriarch George Bluth. (Fans many recall him telling his son Michael a while back, "There's a good chance I may have committed some light treason.")
Confronting his viperish mother, Michael (the excellent Jason Bateman) says, "There's been a lot of lying in this family." Her response: "And a lot of love." His comeback: "More lies."

That sort of waspish wit, combined with an anything-goes farcical sensibility, helped make Arrested Development the best new TV comedy too few people were watching all season long. While we wait anxiously to see if Fox will do the right thing and give this offbeat gem a chance to catch on — and, in the tradition of that other unique slow starter Seinfeld, maybe even flourish — we can also count the days until Fox finally airs the unseen episode. The current plan is for the actual season finale to air outside the regular season, on June 6.

While I'm cautiously optimistic Fox will stand behind the show and renew it, this situation does give you pause. Why would a network give a series one more year when it can't find the time to schedule one more episode?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks