What's new

Any New SVS Tracking #'s ?? I Need A Fix !! (1 Viewer)

Louis D

Agent
Trust me, it is well worth the wait. I spent the weekend adjusting and fine tuning it with Avia, and boy oh boy, all I have to say is, whoa!!!

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The website mentioned that the driver exchange deal was only good if the upgrade was bought by 4/30.....I hope you're counting that as date of order, not date of shipment?? Hopefully they'll be here by the May 17th exchange cutoff....

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Mark,

Correct. That cutoff is for purchase only. With luck we'll have ALL the driver upgrades and most of the backed up PCi orders going out late this week and into next.

Any ISD upgraders out there will have a full two weeks to send their old drivers back to get in on the $40 rebate. Any purchases of the new driver for their old SVS after today will not be able to get the rebate however.

Ron

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Listen, I'm coming home from college thursday morning. After six finals, a coughin sized dorm, putting up with a roommate (no offense, mark), and a 5-hr drive home, I think I deserve to spoil myself. So I am going to pray to the SVS fairy that my sub ships out tomorrow. ;)

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
I believe all (current)PCi orders will be shipping out in the next 48 hours(by thursday afternoon). I think all driver upgrade orders will ship by friday.
We are hoping to maintain our standard 1-3 day "order placed, to sub shipped" window after that...as long as demand doesn't increase any further :)
TV

Charles_O

Auditioning
Chuck C,
On orders 3300-3500, My order number is 3365 and my 20-39PCi shipped on Friday April 26, with an arrival date of May 3rd. So if the drivers are in it is likely this range should go out soon. :emoji_thumbsup:
I just checked the shipping log and my sub is in route now to Seattle (actually Redmond about 10 miles out of Seattle).
So now I think I may slowly be coming down with something, ...Cough Cough ... I may have to stay home Friday ;).
PS I can't spell - fixed spelling ( I hope :frowning: )

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
BTW---I just wanted to make sure the HTF *winners* didn't think we forgot about them! Those will be the first 3 subs we ship today(Thursday) :)
Sorry about the delay guys, the demand has been a *bit* more than we had ramped up for...
TV

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
So Tom.....did you get your sub yet? You started this thread and I think you are least due your sub. :)
I am curious. Of those that have gotten your new PCI have your gotten that silly smile off your face yet? :)
Parker

Jim Johnson

Auditioning
I'm #3455 and can't take it anymore...
Quick question: Has an animal ever died from svs-induced heart palpitations?
I have an older dog and I'm afraid she won't be able to take TPM at ref level :)

Bob U

Stunt Coordinator
2 66# boxes out for delivery on the brown truck.
Gonna be a busy day with my BFD ;) :D :emoji_thumbsup:
-=Bob=-

Tom Beski

Agent
Parker,

Thanks for your interest and concern....Yes, my new SVS Sub just arrived on Tuesday morning 4/30/02. You can read more about the arrival on my other post to this forum called: It's a Boy (A Very Big Boy)

{Sorry...I don't know how to insert a link to that post, but it's still on the first page!!}

Tom

John_VI

Second Unit
Parker - Yup, got mine about a week-and-a-half ago. "Amazing" does not do this sub justice (25-31PCi). While calibrating the sub (using the new Sound and Vision disc), the most amazing test was the frequency sweep to check the crossover performance. I don't know how low those frequencies go, but when it got down veeeeryyyy low, the sound pressure was just unbelievable. Smooth, clean, loud....what else can I say. I felt like I was in a submarine heading to the bottom of the ocean and I needed to equalize the pressure in my ears!

My first DVD scene after calibration was the launch sequence in Apollo-13 DTS. I told my wife and kids to head to the other side of the house and set the volume at -15db (my "reference" level). I found it a little hard to breathe once the big Saturn-V engines lit up!!! It was just freaking amazing.

Thanks Tom, Ron, Erik and the whole SVS crew!!

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Thanks John.

I always thought the DD version of Apollo 13 had pretty subdued bass, I'll have to check out the DTS version. I did some A/B of 5th Element Superbit (DTS and DD back to back) and certain scenes were startlingly different. Glad you like the PCi though. Everyone is abuzz about musicality of that and other SVS's so I know if you have any feelings there many will be eager to hear it (not least of which us).

Tom,

All you did was tease us with some videotape of the arrival/birth! ;^) I think Parker was thinking about a nice discussion that only a proud father could write. I'm still waiting for my cigar actually. I hear Steve Simon can get you some nice ones ;^) I mean hell, it's been two days dad! ;^0

Comment to fathers/mothers everywhere (since that was a theme in several posters who actually did have a baby arrive recently). As long as you keep SPL's on the south side of sane, I have found that exposing kids to a quality home theater experience can really be an eye/ear opener for them, and ultimately, you. Nothing makes me prouder I know than when the nippers come home from school and they tell me they saw "Apollo 13" at school and just wanted to see it again at home done right. Don't think for a minute too that your HT won't become THE place for them and their friends to gather for movies (meaning sometime you have to take a number yourself for a movie slot).

The parade of friend's moms and dads "to see this theater I keep hearing about" is pretty cool too. With kids you have an endless supply of demo audiences!

Ron

Bob U

Stunt Coordinator
Well, they're here and unpacked and roughly setup.
Surprised they weren't double boxed, but although the outside cartons showed traces of UPS, the only damage was that one logo had fallen off. And they smell like a new car :)
BUT, although they sound better than my Sunfires, they don't sound anything like they did at Brian Fellmeth's house. I'm balanced at 75dB front and rears and 78dB on the subs. In phase reads 1dB higher than out of phase. I have NOT yet measured nor inserted the BFD. There is no room pressure as there was at Brian's.
I'm going to email Tom as soon as I finish this post then continue the discussion over here:
Bought my BFD Thread
More soon.
-=Bob=-

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Dave,

The scene in which "Lealew" (sic?) is standing on the ledge of the building then in a moment an "elevator" of sorts comes right past her and proceeds down the side of the building.

I flipped back and forth between the DTS and DD versions and just repeated that scene. The DD version had significantly more depth and extension (I didn't have any instrumentation but I'm quite certain of this).

I know DTS in the past has been accused of "cooking" soundtracks to pump up both bass, channel separation and surround levels. This was at least one instance where it seemed the opposite was true (or that DTS left the LFE on the floor for a moment?).

This is NOT to say anyone is "cooking" anything but having spent a few thousand hours listening to SVS's (a lone SS was playing about +3dB "hot" with master levels just a tick below Dolby reference) I've gotten pretty good at spotting bass "oddities". Not sure if it was something in how the LFE tracks were laid down, or how my Denon 3802 was processing but the bass on the DTS was very muted and the DD was thunderous. That it is audible with my configuration was unmistakeable. It'll take more investigation as to what's behind it.

If we get a breather on orders I might ask Tom to dig into this one, it's got to be interesting to see on his famed "waterfall" charts. Sooner or later the person I borrowed the DVD from is going to want it back I suppose!

Ron

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Cool - thanks! I'll try this out as soon as I get my 25-31PCi!!! (hint hint) :D
I also bought the new Superbit 5th Element - very familiar with the old one. I thought this would shine on my new setup - now I have something to listen for!

Howie

Auditioning
Order #3426 - Just got my tracking # from UPS. I take delivery of a brand new 20-39 PCi on May 8. Weeehhhhhoooo!!

Howie

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Chalk up order number #3449! Should be here tomorrow (thank goodness SV subs are made in Ohio!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks