What's new

Home Theater United Episode 18 - Special Guests: SVS (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
BTW, @Brian Dobbs , regarding the discussion late in the podcast, the dual volume controls where powered subs are concerned (trim level(s) and the volume on the sub itself) seems to cause a lot of confusion. Maybe @Dave Upton needs to correct me, but my impression has always been that if your playback volume is where you want it, and the trim in the receiver/processor is close to 0dB, then you have things set ideally. If the trim level is getting low, then you need to increase the volume on the sub so that it is brought back toward 0 and if it's getting high, you need to lower the volume on the sub.

Correction, I said that backwards. If the trim level is low, you need to turn the volume down on the sub.
That's generally correct. You don't want to have the wrong gain structure, forcing higher distortion for no good reason. Ideally, you want to feed your sub's amp as close to "line level" as possible. If it's +/- 4dB I won't generally mess with it, but if it's more than that it is best to adjust the gain on the amp itself.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
That's generally correct. You don't want to have the wrong gain structure, forcing higher distortion for no good reason. Ideally, you want to feed your sub's amp as close to "line level" as possible. If it's +/- 4dB I won't generally mess with it, but if it's more than that it is best to adjust the gain on the amp itself.
So I can turn it all the way up, right? ;-)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
SVS hinted news is now official.

Impervious to Interference, SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter Wirelessly Connects Subwoofers and More.​

The SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Audio Adapter transmits a pristine LFE or full-range stereo audio signal up to 130-feet with ultra-low latency. Tri-Band technology auto-switches between three bands for use in crowded wireless signal areas where single-band wireless transmitters are prone to interference. Wirelessly connects subwoofers, powered speakers, and more.​

Youngstown, OH – April 15, 2021 – SVS, manufacturer of high-performance home audio speakers, subwoofers, and more, proudly announces the SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter. The new SVS SoundPath audio accessory sends an LFE or full-range stereo signal at 16-bit/48KHz up to 130-feet line-of-site making it easier than ever to enjoy immersive sound in a home theater or anywhere in the house. Impervious to interference, the new adapter provides drama-free wireless connections for subwoofers, powered speakers, and more, to reduce cable clutter without sacrificing sound quality.

As homes become smarter, interference from Bluetooth devices, dual-band Wi-Fi routers, wireless security systems, cameras, and more, can disrupt performance of single band wireless adapters. SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter auto-switches between the 2.4 GHz, 5.2 GHz, and 5.8 GHz wireless bands for uninterrupted audio signal transfer in even the most congested wireless environments. For areas without interference, SVS offers the single band SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter.

Subwoofers are often the largest component in any home theater system, often with long cable runs to the AV receiver. With the SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter, SVS reduces cable clutter and expands subwoofer placement options without sacrificing sound quality. Placement is a critical factor in subwoofer performance and the new adapter creates more possibilities to optimize in-room output.

Because it passes a true Left/Right stereo signal at full-range frequency response (6 Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.5 dB), the adapter also wirelessly connects a stereo speaker zone and powered wireless surrounds in home theater applications. Up to three adapters can be paired simultaneously to create a multi-room distributed audio system.

Setup of the adapter is simple and quick. All current SVS subwoofers feature USB inputs on the rear panel for powering the SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter’s receiver. Once both transmitter and receiver are powered, simply connect the transmitter to an AV receiver, TV audio output, or other audio source via RCA interconnect. Then, connect the receiver to a subwoofer, powered speaker, or loudspeaker amplifier via RCA Interconnect. The transmitter/receiver arrive pre-paired so wireless signal transfer begins within seconds.

“SVS has really emerged as a leader in wireless audio connectivity over the last few years, and I’m incredibly proud of what we accomplished with this new SoundPath adapter,” said Gary Yacoubian, SVS President and CEO. “As people add more devices to their homes, interference becomes a real issue. The Tri-Band technology our engineers deployed makes wirelessly connecting a subwoofer or powered speakers completely impervious to interference, while reducing cable clutter. It really solves a lot of problems when setting up a home theater or audio system.”

The SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter is the latest addition to the series of SVS SoundPath audio accessory solutions delivering all the performance of the world’s finest cables and accessories, at inclusive prices. Other products in the series include the SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System, SoundPath RCA Audio Interconnect Cable, SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter, SoundPath Ultra Speaker Cable, and SoundPath One Speaker Cable.

The SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter is available now for $199.99.

For more information, please visit www.svsound.com or follow them on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter.

About SVS

Headquartered in Youngstown, Ohio, SVS high performance subwoofers, speakers and audio accessories deliver thrilling and immersive sound and unmatched performance for the price. SVS engages customers worldwide through direct and retail sales channels and offers Sound Experts technical support seven days a week via phone, web, social media, chat, email, in forums and wherever audio fans want to connect.

Media Contact:

Nicholas Brown, [email protected], 401-742-9581

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Just getting to this. Excellent listen. Who said [26:30] that Prime Elevations were introduced only 2 years ago? I ordered mine back in 2017.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
SVS hinted news is now official.

Impervious to Interference, SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter Wirelessly Connects Subwoofers and More.​

The SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Audio Adapter transmits a pristine LFE or full-range stereo audio signal up to 130-feet with ultra-low latency. Tri-Band technology auto-switches between three bands for use in crowded wireless signal areas where single-band wireless transmitters are prone to interference. Wirelessly connects subwoofers, powered speakers, and more.​

Youngstown, OH – April 15, 2021 – SVS, manufacturer of high-performance home audio speakers, subwoofers, and more, proudly announces the SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter. The new SVS SoundPath audio accessory sends an LFE or full-range stereo signal at 16-bit/48KHz up to 130-feet line-of-site making it easier than ever to enjoy immersive sound in a home theater or anywhere in the house. Impervious to interference, the new adapter provides drama-free wireless connections for subwoofers, powered speakers, and more, to reduce cable clutter without sacrificing sound quality.

As homes become smarter, interference from Bluetooth devices, dual-band Wi-Fi routers, wireless security systems, cameras, and more, can disrupt performance of single band wireless adapters. SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter auto-switches between the 2.4 GHz, 5.2 GHz, and 5.8 GHz wireless bands for uninterrupted audio signal transfer in even the most congested wireless environments. For areas without interference, SVS offers the single band SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter.

Subwoofers are often the largest component in any home theater system, often with long cable runs to the AV receiver. With the SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter, SVS reduces cable clutter and expands subwoofer placement options without sacrificing sound quality. Placement is a critical factor in subwoofer performance and the new adapter creates more possibilities to optimize in-room output.

Because it passes a true Left/Right stereo signal at full-range frequency response (6 Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.5 dB), the adapter also wirelessly connects a stereo speaker zone and powered wireless surrounds in home theater applications. Up to three adapters can be paired simultaneously to create a multi-room distributed audio system.

Setup of the adapter is simple and quick. All current SVS subwoofers feature USB inputs on the rear panel for powering the SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter’s receiver. Once both transmitter and receiver are powered, simply connect the transmitter to an AV receiver, TV audio output, or other audio source via RCA interconnect. Then, connect the receiver to a subwoofer, powered speaker, or loudspeaker amplifier via RCA Interconnect. The transmitter/receiver arrive pre-paired so wireless signal transfer begins within seconds.

“SVS has really emerged as a leader in wireless audio connectivity over the last few years, and I’m incredibly proud of what we accomplished with this new SoundPath adapter,” said Gary Yacoubian, SVS President and CEO. “As people add more devices to their homes, interference becomes a real issue. The Tri-Band technology our engineers deployed makes wirelessly connecting a subwoofer or powered speakers completely impervious to interference, while reducing cable clutter. It really solves a lot of problems when setting up a home theater or audio system.”

The SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter is the latest addition to the series of SVS SoundPath audio accessory solutions delivering all the performance of the world’s finest cables and accessories, at inclusive prices. Other products in the series include the SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System, SoundPath RCA Audio Interconnect Cable, SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter, SoundPath Ultra Speaker Cable, and SoundPath One Speaker Cable.

The SVS SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless Audio Adapter is available now for $199.99.

For more information, please visit www.svsound.com or follow them on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter.

About SVS

Headquartered in Youngstown, Ohio, SVS high performance subwoofers, speakers and audio accessories deliver thrilling and immersive sound and unmatched performance for the price. SVS engages customers worldwide through direct and retail sales channels and offers Sound Experts technical support seven days a week via phone, web, social media, chat, email, in forums and wherever audio fans want to connect.

Media Contact:

Nicholas Brown, [email protected], 401-742-9581
(I’ve realized that a wireless adapter gives me an important option for adding a sub or two to my theater. So I’m paying attention to this. I’m a prospective customer now for one or two PB4000 or Ultra 16 Subs.)

I’m struggling to understand what’s been improved or simplified to explain the 67% / $80 price increase over the previously $120 sound path adapter.

I thought maybe this meant the subs had the receiver built-in and I only needed a transmitter. That would be awesome. But this still requires a dingus wired to sub and outlet to work. Or maybe this was a combo pack giving two adapters for dual-sub setups for a nice discount. But that doesn’t seem to be so.

Anyone understand this and can explain it to me? I apparently haven’t had enough coffee.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
(I’ve realized that a wireless adapter gives me an important option for adding a sub or two to my theater. So I’m paying attention to this. I’m a prospective customer now for one or two PB4000 or Ultra 16 Subs.)

I’m struggling to understand what’s been improved or simplified to explain the 67% / $80 price increase over the previously $120 sound path adapter.

I thought maybe this meant the subs had the receiver built-in and I only needed a transmitter. That would be awesome. But this still requires a dingus wired to sub and outlet to work. Or maybe this was a combo pack giving two adapters for dual-sub setups for a nice discount. But that doesn’t seem to be so.

Anyone understand this and can explain it to me? I apparently haven’t had enough coffee.
I believe the difference is more frequencies.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
And...I learn that the 4000 and Ultra subs weigh 150 and 175 lbs, respectively. I don’t even know how I’d get them in the front door, let alone downstairs to the theater. :confused:

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
And...I learn that the 4000 and Ultra subs weigh 150 and 175 lbs, respectively. I don’t even know how I’d get them in the front door, let alone downstairs to the theater. :confused:
Usually using a roll-up sled. Gravity does most of the work and you just control the descent:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
SVS said they have an AR feature to see a subwoofer in your home. Where is this? I can’t find anything on their website. And the App screenshots don’t show this feature either.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Great, will download and try out.

Feeling urgent to get tech dopamine hit. Might accelerate subwoofer purchase schedule. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks