Senior HTF Member
- Oct 30, 1997
- Aberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ
- Real Name
- Sam Posten
SVS joins the podcast to talk new products, how to choose between sealed, ported and tube subs, demoing awesome movies, and being a fan during the pandemic | Home Theater United Podcast
Special Guests Nicholas Brown and Larry McGough of SVS Sound join us to discuss the launch of their new dual driver 3000 Micro Sub and more: History of SVS What are the advantages of a Dual Driver sub? Can we expect larger versions to hit the market? Is this the start of a whole new category...
Special Guests Nick Brown and Larry McGough of SVS Sound join us to discuss the launch of their new dual driver 3000 Micro Sub and more:
- History of SVS
- What are the advantages of a Dual Driver sub?
- Can we expect larger versions to hit the market? Is this the start of a whole new category?
- Does having a dual driver help eliminate problems like room nulls?
- Prime Elevation: Can you explain how they differ from bounce and ceiling mounted Atmos speakers? What’s the best way to set them up in your receiver?
- Any plans for adding integrated Atmos bounce speakers?
- SVS is down to two models that feature the iconic tube design, is the age of tube subs coming to a close?
- How has the reception been to Prime Wireless? I enjoyed my time testing it!
- Larry’s top 5 subwoofer movie demos
- SVS using augmented reality on website
- New SVS SoundPath accessories?
- SVS Live Streams on facebook and Youtube, when is the next audiophile happy hour and how has the reception to that been going?
- What do you wish your buyers understood about subs and speakers better, both before and after sales?
Brian's SVS Review:
Other SVS reviews on the forum:
Introduction: I’ve been a Home Theater nut for over 20 years but didn’t build my first dedicated room until around 2006. Even back then, when I went looking for a subwoofer it didn’t take me long to narrow my choices down to only one, and that was the SVS PB12 Plus/2. Arriving at my home on a...