Another laptop question

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Matthew Cook, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Stunt Coordinator

With my laptop being junk I borrowed my sisters laptop till my new arrives. It is a Compaq Presario 1700. Well something is weird with the screen. Sometimes the screen goes into funny colors in areas. Like a puple color, it also just recently has done what I call a white out everything goes white. Ususall if I tap the bask of the screen a couple tilme the purple color goes away but when it goes to a white out state I have to restart the computer. I have also noticed that sometimes when I start up the laptop that the screen will flicker or the the compaq lettering will scroll up and fown again this is rare and couple taps on the back of the screen corrects it but I would like to fix it if isnt too expensive. She was nice enough to loan to me for a few weeks any way.

2. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

it'll be expensive. it always is.

maybe hook a computer monitor up to it if you don't need the portability.

3. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Stunt Coordinator

it wouldnt be that expensive if I had to swap LCD screens I see them go for 75 on ebay all the time

4. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

A common problem with laptops that have screen issues is the cable that connects the screen to the motherboard. This cable goes through one of the hinges on the laptop and they tend to get worn out after awhile. This happened to my Dell Latitude a few years back. It was under warranty, so I couldn't say how much it would cost.