What's new

Another laptop question (1 Viewer)

Matthew Cook

Stunt Coordinator
With my laptop being junk I borrowed my sisters laptop till my new arrives. It is a Compaq Presario 1700. Well something is weird with the screen. Sometimes the screen goes into funny colors in areas. Like a puple color, it also just recently has done what I call a white out everything goes white. Ususall if I tap the bask of the screen a couple tilme the purple color goes away but when it goes to a white out state I have to restart the computer. I have also noticed that sometimes when I start up the laptop that the screen will flicker or the the compaq lettering will scroll up and fown again this is rare and couple taps on the back of the screen corrects it but I would like to fix it if isnt too expensive. She was nice enough to loan to me for a few weeks any way.

Matthew Cook

Stunt Coordinator
it wouldnt be that expensive if I had to swap LCD screens I see them go for 75 on ebay all the time

SethH

Senior HTF Member
A common problem with laptops that have screen issues is the cable that connects the screen to the motherboard. This cable goes through one of the hinges on the laptop and they tend to get worn out after awhile. This happened to my Dell Latitude a few years back. It was under warranty, so I couldn't say how much it would cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks