What's new

AC Infinity fan advice needed (1 Viewer)

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
Just purchased the Onkyo TX-NR686 to replace my ailing TX-NR828. Haven't hooked it up as yet but had some questions related to cooling. I also bought (2) AC Infinity Multifan S2 blowers to help offset heat with their thermal trigger and "Turbo Adapter" (AC/DC). The problem is the adpater is this HUGE thing that will ridiculously take up way too many outlets on my power center. I don't know why these manufacturers can't address that issue with the design of their products.

1) Does anyone know of any other adapter that will circumvent this problem? Incidentally, I've tested the two fans out and they do nicely either running off my laptop or the adapter off another outlet with room to spare. I do note an increase in fan speed off the outlet.

2) What setting Low/Medium/High for the fans is best or sufficient?

3) Will USB power off my new LG OLED suffice or is the turbo adapter that necessary?

4) I note the thermostatic trigger has various temperature settings: 96/92/88/84. Which is best? Heat was the enemy of my 828 I'm sure leading to HDMI circuit board problems and audio drop outs.

Any constructive advice is appreciated.

Mike Romo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Romo
thanks for this--I might try this to address my Denon overheating issues...!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.