What's new

Alias Smith and Jones (1 Viewer)

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I would like to see someone finish up this series. Maybe Timeless or Shout?

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
actually someone in the thread "what would surprise you in 2010" mentioned that Timeless will be finishing the series in 2010, but gave no info as to where they got the news.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If this series does get resumed by Timeless then that means "Dragnet", "Kojak", "McMillan And Wife" and "McCloud" will be the only remaining Universal "one and done" titles still not resumed by them or subleased to another company.

whats taking so long for season 2 of alias smith and jones to get released its been probably
three years since the first seasons been released

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Tim Gregerson

whats taking so long for season 2 of alias smith and jones to get released its been probably
three years since the first seasons been released
It'll be three years on February 20, 2010.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Someone on the Shout board has confirmation of a street date from Timeless. They will be releasing S2 and S3 at once in the same package, which means it goes from "one and done" to completed in one fell swoop!

"Timeless Media Group, working in conjunction with Universal Studios, will be releasing seasons 2 and 3 of Alias Smith and Jones in an official commercial DVD set. The entire set will be on 6 DVDs and will run more than 29 hours. The cost will be $69.98 and the street date for the release is June 8, 2010. The 90-minute second season opener, "The Day They Hanged Kid Curry," (which did not air on Starz Encore Westerns in 2005-2007) will be included in the release. This information was obtained from a Project Coordinator for Timeless Media Group."

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Jack P

Someone on the Shout board has confirmation of a street date from Timeless. They will be releasing S2 and S3 at once in the same package, which means it goes from "one and done" to completed in one fell swoop!

"Timeless Media Group, working in conjunction with Universal Studios, will be releasing seasons 2 and 3 of Alias Smith and Jones in an official commercial DVD set. The entire set will be on 6 DVDs and will run more than 29 hours. The cost will be $69.98 and the street date for the release is June 8, 2010. The 90-minute second season opener, "The Day They Hanged Kid Curry," (which did not air on Starz Encore Westerns in 2005-2007) will be included in the release. This information was obtained from a Project Coordinator for Timeless Media Group."

6 DVDs with 29 hours of content?

S

silverking

Further good news for TV western fans, Infinity will be releasing S2 of 'The Life & Legend of Wyatt Earp' which was previously scheduled & then dropped.

May 18th is the new date but Infinity have emphasised that this is provisional.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Originally Posted by silverking

Further good news for TV western fans, Infinity will be releasing S2 of 'The Life & Legend of Wyatt Earp' which was previously scheduled & then dropped.

May 18th is the new date but Infinity have emphasised that this is provisional.

Yes...Looking forward to this one.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I sure hope both sets actually get put out this year. Waiting to hear some news from the TVonDVD website

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Originally Posted by DeWilson

6 DVDs with 29 hours of content?
Yeah Timeless is the King of "Cram it on" DVD Technology. Still better than nothing I Guess.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Originally Posted by Jack P

And great news it is!
(Together with "The Virginian", these were my two most awaited Western TV-series. Next one for me would be "High Chaparral".)

Cees

Mary_P

Second Unit
TV Shows on DVD has a new article up, with an earlier release date of 4/13, a reduced list price of $49.98, and a look at the cover art:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Alias-Smith-Jones-Seasons-2-and-3/13457

Sweet, but Timeless really needs to fix both the press release and the cover art -- "Alias Smith & Jones" was on ABC, not NBC.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I just want to know how they are going to get what amounts to 2 1/2 seasons on 6 dvds. The third season was not a full season.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
there were 23 episodes in season 2 and 12 in season 3. total of 35 episodes. That is 6 episodes per disk.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
This is some coincidence, only a few weeks ago did I finally decide to order S1 and it just arrived today to find this news!

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I have only one episode left in season 1 so I am glad that season 2 and 3 are about to come out.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I just finished the last episode about two weeks ago so I'm ready for this as well.

Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly

I have only one episode left in season 1 so I am glad that season 2 and 3 are about to come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks