Real Name
scott
1695275396140.png

MaldenStreetSanFrancisco.jpg

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
About five or six years ago maybe, I got wind of Big Lots selling THE STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO, Season 1-3, at a pretty low price. I think it was $10 or $15 for three full seasons. So I went to the local Big Lots and sure enough, there they were, along with 1-3 of THE UNTOUCHABLES too. I picked up both.

Completists will know the feeling of having part of something when the rest of it is still out there. That's the way I felt with Seasons 4 and 5 of STREETS. I kept reading reviews of how the series wasn't quite as good in the later years, particularly Season 5 after Michael Douglas left, but still I felt like I was missing something.

I'd occasionally go to Amazon or Ebay to see what the prices of Season 4 was going for and for those two "half-seasons", I would have to spend more than twice what I spent for all of 1-3, so I just kept putting it on the back burner.

Recently, I stumbled onto the fact that Amazon had a price reduction on the full series set. This 5-season set would now cost less than buying Seasons 4 and 5 on their own, so I reasoned that I'd just get that full-series set.

Well, it arrived today, and I finally now realize why there's been so much talk about the packaging of these big fat CBS sets. I could barely figure out the rhyme or reason in the stacking of three and four discs on top of one another on fatter spindles.

So the brain went into overtime and I came up with a semi-decent solution, although not a space-saver for sure. I went through the full series set and pulled out all of the Season 1 through 3 discs and stuck them on one of those blank-disc spindles that you buy when you buy blank CDs or DVDs. I'll just store these somewhere and if a disc goes bad for those three seasons, I'll have a backup tucked away.

Now there were only the two seasons of discs that I didn't have before to fit into this fat case. And they fit pretty well, without any disc stacked on another disc, just overlapping like the S1 through S3 set. Then I just made a couple of little printed lines the said THE COMPLETE SEASONS 4 - 5 and placed it over the line about the complete series.

As I say, these two sets are a space hog, but at least I can access all of the discs fairly easily. The irony is that S4 and 5 takes up more space than S1 - 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks