What's new

Peter Mark Richman, R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Prolific actor, particularly in television, Peter Mark Richman has passed away at 94 93. He's one of the most familiar faces of classic TV shows, and was almost guaranteed to show up sooner or later in almost every series. (I know, not really, but it sure seemed that way.)

My meager collection includes his turns on:
THE TWILIGHT ZONE
THE OUTER LIMITS (twice)
12 O'CLOCK HIGH
THE LONER
THE FUGITIVE (twice)
VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (twice)
THE INVADERS (twice)
MANNIX
LAND OF THE GIANTS
MISSION: IMPOSSIBE (three times)
THE STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO
BARNABY JONES (twice)
STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION

And he appeared on many, many other shows that I watched but haven't collected - like his 8 times on THE FBI!

May he rest in peace.

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Prolific actor, particularly in television, Peter Mark Richman has passed away at 94. He's one of the most familiar faces of classic TV shows, and was almost guaranteed to show up sooner or later in almost every series. (I know, not really, but it sure seemed that way.)

My meager collection includes his turns on:
THE TWILIGHT ZONE
THE OUTER LIMITS (twice)
12 O'CLOCK HIGH
THE LONER
THE FUGITIVE (twice)
VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THER SEA (twice)
THE INVADERS (twice)
MANNIX
LAND OF THE GIANTS
MISSION: IMPOSSIBE (three times)
THE STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO
BARNABY JONES (twice)
STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION

And he appeared on many, many other shows that I watched but haven't collected - like his 8 times on THE FBI!

May he rest in peace.

Are you sure it was 94? He was born 4/16/27, and passed on 1/14/2021, so he came up short, and passed on @ 93.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
OK, he would have been 94 this year. Forgive my poor math.

Don't worry about it! We all make mistakes. That's something I don't recall learning until much later-- that anyone's age only increases on their birthday, not at the beginning of the year (unless of course you happen to have been born right at the top of the year, like Chuck Henry of KNBC was [he was born right on Jan. 1, and is now 75]).

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
R.I.P. to one of the great character actors from the '60s, '70s and beyond, whose calm, clipped manner and steely persona made him perfect in myriad roles as villains and authority figures.

Richman racked up 159 credits over a long career, mostly in television. I can't recall him ever giving a duff performance. I will try and watch one of his classic TV appearances this weekend to commemorate his passing.

Peter-Mark-Richman.jpg

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
R.I.P. to one of the great character actors from the '60s, '70s and beyond, whose calm, clipped manner and steely persona made him perfect in myriad roles as villains and authority figures.

Richman racked up 159 credits over a long career, mostly in television. I can't recall him ever giving a duff performance. I will try and watch one of his classic TV appearances this weekend to commemorate his passing.

Peter-Mark-Richman.jpg
He was reliably solid, even when the scripts gave him nothing to work with. He seemed to be an anchor for end-of-the-run episodes of tired series, such as The Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. The guy was literally everywhere and even if you didn't know his name, you knew his face from "that show on channel 5" or some such. One of my earlier recollections was seeing him on a two part Knight Rider after spotting him on Three's Company. He is one of those actors I really wish I had gotten to meet. He seemed like a geuinely nice guy.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
He is one of those actors I really wish I had gotten to meet. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy.
That's the impression I get of him, too. He seems to have been a multi-talented man: actor on stage and screen, playwright, novelist, painter...and apparently, a licensed pharmacist!

Just watched him in his second appearance on The Fugitive tonight (S4's "The Last Oasis"), and he was, predictably, great.

MV5BYmQ1Zjk3MjgtNjgwZC00MDExLWE1OTktMGZjOTY5ODQxNzJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY2NDUyNjI@._V1_.jpg

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
You know, there's a lot said about the work ethic of actors. But Mr. Richman worked hard, and performed everywhere he was given a chance.

Didn't realize it at the time, but he added a great deal to many television and films.

--james

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well, there were many times he just walked on screen, and I'm thinking, "he's the bad guy." It takes a real skilled actor to give out that vibe on many a show. He knows he's not playing the hero, so he's able to give out "I'm the villain," feels to the audience.

--jthree

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The death of a familiar person [like a celebrity we know and like] is always difficult but when I hear they lived into their 90's I draw a lot of comfort. There's simply nothing that compares to a live well lived.

R.I.P.

Tom Kennedy and Hugh Downs being two great examples from last year, as well as Peter Mark Richman from this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks