What's new

Peter Mark Richman, R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper

Apart from his regular part on two television series (Cain’s Hundred, Longstreet),
Richman was great in the following episodic parts:

“Incident at Alabaster Plain” in Rawhide
“The Journey” in Stoney Burke
“The Borderland” in The Outer Limits
“The Night of the Dancing Death” in The Wild Wild West
“The Hostages” in Combat!
“The Leeches” in The Invaders
“The Monster’s Web”+“Secret of the Deep” in Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
“Gitano”+“My Friend, My Enemy”+“Underground” in Mission: Impossible

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Dark Intruder (1965)​
directed by Harvey Hart* (The Alfred Hitchcock Hour)​
produced by Jack Laird (Rod Serling’s Night Gallery)​
cinematography by John Warren (Thriller, The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, Torn Curtain)​
music by Lalo Schifrin (Mission: Impossible, Mannix)​
starring Leslie Nielsen and Peter Mark Richman​
* Harvey Hart directed one episode (“The Night of the Dancing Death”) of The Wild Wild West
guest starring Peter Mark Richman.

ChrisOC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Peterson
Enjoyed his appearance on TNG's first season finale - not a villain, just a ruthless businessman who had been cryogenically frozen. Episode also reintroduced the Romulans.
His character walked onto the bridge and pissed off Picard until he saw and said that the Romulan was lying. So he turned out to be sort of a back-handed good guy.

ChrisOC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Peterson
My wife met Richman many years ago and they maintained a casual friendship for a while. She told me he was a very nice man, the opposite of the bad guys he played. I just told her this news, and she was sad but heartened that Richman lived such a long life.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
My wife met Richman many years ago and they maintained a casual friendship for a while. She told me he was a very nice man, the opposite of the bad guys he played. I just told her this news, and she was sad but heartened that Richman lived such a long life.

A great many hard workers are like that. I had a feeling he was like that. Sometimes the nice people are the ones you wouldn't normally think of as being such.

--jthree

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
I’m wondering if anyone has seen the 2006 feature “Vic”, directed by Sage Stallone. Amazing cast, Peter Mark Richman, Clu Gulager, Gregory Sierra, Carol Lynley, Richard Herd, John Lazar, John Philip Law, Gary Frank....the list goes on.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I’m wondering if anyone has seen the 2006 feature “Vic”, directed by Sage Stallone. Amazing cast, Peter Mark Richman, Clu Gulager, Gregory Sierra, Carol Lynley, Richard Herd, John Lazar, John Philip Law, Gary Frank....the list goes on.
given that cast list, if I were Clu, John Lazar or Gary Frank, I'd be nervous. The last year and a half has claimed many of those actors

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
He was the "guest star" in a TV pilot that was so well-made it was released as a theatrical feature in 1965, DARK INTRUDER. And there's Mr. Richman's likeness big as life on the poster, beside the demon-monster (his evil alter-ego). I'm proud to have recorded a commentary for the critically-praised film, which will be released this Tuesday, February 2nd, as an absolutely beautiful Blu-ray from Kino.

Attachments

• 3892191-2652303.jpg
    3892191-2652303.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 113

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
He was the "guest star" in a TV pilot that was so well-made it was released as a theatrical feature in 1965, DARK INTRUDER. And there's Mr. Richman's likeness big as life on the poster, beside the demon-monster (his evil alter-ego). I'm proud to have recorded a commentary for the critically-praised film, which will be released this Tuesday, February 2nd, as an absolutely beautiful Blu-ray from Kino.
If the pilot had been picked up it would have supposedly replaced The Alfred Hitchcock Hour in 1965. I've recently watched it as the final "episode" in my Alfred Hitchcock TV collection run (Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, the revival Alfred Hitchcock Presents (off-air taped VHS), plus episodes of Suspicion, Alcoa Premiere and Ford Startime executive-produced by Hitchcock). Although "Dark Intruder" may not have had any credited connection with Hitchcock, it was co-copyrighted by his production company, Shamley.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
He was reliably solid, even when the scripts gave him nothing to work with... One of my earlier recollections was seeing him on a two part Knight Rider after spotting him on Three's Company. He is one of those actors I really wish I had gotten to meet. He seemed like a geuinely nice guy.
A trivia question might be "In what series did he play the father of Christmas?" LOL

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
A shame that Warner Archive couldn't release Cain's Hundred on DVD because of one episode with music issues. I don't understand their logic in that if they couldn't put out a complete series or season, they wouldn't put it out at all. Did they think that magically a music licensing problem was going to go away? Or that Warner wouldn't wake up one day and tell the archive division to go ahead and spend the $$$$ to clear a song? We all dread music replacement or edits but sometimes its better than nothing.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
MPR was a great character actor. I recently started my first re-watch of Three's Company, and noted that he played Chrissy Snow's father, Reverend Luther Snow - LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks