What's new

A bit of an addict (1 Viewer)

Pupp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James D.
I spent 3 years researching home theaters... it took that long to pay off my credit card. Then I had to save up for a TV and home theater, that took a couple years. (Toshiba HDTV back in 2008. In 2009 or maybe 2010, I bought an Anthem AV and Paradigm MilleniaOne setup and a nice Paradigm subwoofer.

Then I landed a nice job in a big city with very tiny apartments, and gave my setup away to a family member. Fast forward a few years and another job change to a much less expensive part of the country, and here I am saving up for another Home Theater setup. So I'm getting back into the swing of things with the AV crowd. I still want an Anthem AV and Paradigm MilleniaOne setup, but with the Seismic 110 subwoofer.

I like the MilleniaOne because it sounds really good, and the speakers are small enough to give a nice WOW factor to guests, who usually barely even notice the speakers hanging on the walls, until I put in a movie. I originally bought the MilleniaOne Speakers because one of the speakers had to fit between the edge of the front door and the ceiling. I had no idea how awesome they sounded.

Last edited:

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I spent 3 years researching home theaters... it took that long to pay off my credit card. Then I had to save up for a TV and home theater, that took a couple years. (Toshiba HDTV back in 2008. In 2009 or maybe 2010, I bought an Anthem AV and Paradigm MilleniaOne setup and a nice Paradigm subwoofer.

Then I landed a nice job in a big city with very tiny apartments, and gave my setup away to a family member. Fast forward a few years and another job change to a much less expensive part of the country, and here I am saving up for another Home Theater setup. So I'm getting back into the swing of things with the AV crowd. I still want an Anthem AV and Paradigm MilleniaOne setup, but with the Seismic 110 subwoofer.

I like the MilleniaOne because it sounds really good, and the speakers are small enough to give a nice WOW factor to guests, who usually barely even notice the speakers hanging on the walls, until I put in a movie. I originally bought the MilleniaOne Speakers because one of the speakers had to fit between the edge of the front door and the ceiling. I had no idea how awesome they sounded.
Welcome to the forum James! I started off with Paradigm speakers as my first serious system almost 10 years ago and I loved them. I also helped several friends put together Millenia based systems that they love to this day.

I'm a big Anthem fan, and use an AVM 60 as my daily driver here. Do you have a dedicated room already picked out for your theater, or will you be converting a common area?

Pupp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James D.
I turned the master bedroom into a family room. After having the door taken off and turned into an open archway, it doesn't look like it ever was anything but a family room. The master bedroom has a bathroom off it, so guests don't have to ask where the potty is. rofl.

The master bedroom is on the other side of the house, so it never looked like it was part of the bedroom section of the house. The 2nd largest bedroom is actually the same size, but just doesn't have a dedicated bathroom. There is only 2 bedrooms needed in the house anyway. A future owner could easily change the master bedroom back into a bedroom by putting a door back in: I just had the door taken out and an arch that matches the door frame put in. I didn't even take out the door plate for the doorknob, although I did paint it a color that sorta matches the frame, so it's hardly noticeable. They'd have to get new door hinges though, I did take those out. Nothing a touch of paint didn't hide. I wasn't looking for a fashion statement on my budget. hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks