What's new

2021-2022 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Which QB will have the most success this season?

• Carson Wentz - Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Stafford - Rams

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Trevor Lawrence - Jaguars

• Jimmy Garoppolo -49ers

• Ryan Fitzpatrick - Redskins

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cam Newton - Patriots

• Jalen Hurts - Eagles

• Justin Fields - Bears

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mac Jones

• Zach Wilson -Jets

• Sam Darnold - Panthers

• Jameis Winston - Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I think Luck is the most valid case because Carr and Griffin I do not think were the kind of sure thing Luck was. Neither approached him in terms of talent level nor how they produced. Carr looked like he could go either way, starter or career back-up, and Griffin was said to be too fragile a player with a style that would end in him getting injured. He had one decent season and then gone.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think Luck is the most valid case because Carr and Griffin I do not think were the kind of sure thing Luck was. Neither approached him in terms of talent level nor how they produced. Carr looked like he could go either way, starter or career back-up, and Griffin was said to be too fragile a player with a style that end in him getting injured. He had one decent season and then gone.
Definitely. Andrew Luck was well on his way to being an Elite QB in the league, but the Colts destroyed him.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Living in Houston, I saw the protracted demise of David Carr on a weekly basis during football season over the years. The guy was just getting killed in the pocket week after week. I can only imagine what he felt like on Monday mornings. My recollection (and it has been a long, long time back) was that Carr had a tendency to hold onto the ball which did not help things. The physical beatings that some of these QBs take really seem to shorten the careers.

I sort of saw the same thing with Danny White and the Cowboys. He had a decent enough career as I recall, but his mobility which was an asset early in his career was really affected by the punishment he received over the years.

- Walter.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
BTW, there was a comment a few days ago about the shots between plays from the field with very shallow depth of field. Those are actually done with a Sony mirrorless camera and a super fast (aka: large aperture) lens. No doubt Sony struck some sort of deal with the NFL to do this.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That is true. That style of QB can be successful in college, but most of the time they get flattened in the NFL.
I was thinking just that on Sunday evening watching Lamar Jackson play -- wondering just how long his body will endure all those NFL hits resulting from his playing style. He's a great talent, but the league is brutal on QBs who rely that much on mobility.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was thinking just that on Sunday evening watching Lamar Jackson play -- wondering just how long his body will endure all those NFL hits resulting from his playing style. He's a great talent, but the league is brutal on QBs who rely that much on mobility.
Gotta wonder how long Mahomes will last...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Gotta wonder how long Mahomes will last...
Yes, he's at risk, too, but Mahomes does seem like a QB who could better transition to more of a pocket passer than Jackson. Mahomes has an incredible passing arm and is very good at reading defenses. Jackson relies much more on his running ability to move the ball, while Mahomes uses his mobility more to buy time to allow his receivers to get open.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Jackson also unnecessarily puts himself at risk, such as the awkward flip into the end zone Sunday night.

I'm kind of surprised that wasn't flagged for taunting, though I guess there wasn't an opponent nearby.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
And the LA Voldemorts once again do what they do best, lose the close ones. And they play KC in KC (I think) next.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And the LA Voldemorts once again do what they do best, lose the close ones. And they play KC in KC (I think) next.
Well, they're 1-1 and they did win the close one the first week, so I wouldn't write them off just yet. ;)

But I agree, it's not going to get any easier: KC, Las Vegas, Cleveland, Baltimore, ....

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I don’t want to make excuses for the Chargers, two picks and a missed field goal, and Bosa being shut down didn’t help, but they were in the process of overcoming all that when Herbert was called down after releasing the ball. I thought they got rid of “in the grasp” like 10 years ago?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I don’t want to make excuses for the Chargers, two picks and a missed field goal, and Bosa being shut down didn’t help, but they were in the process of overcoming all that when Herbert was called down after releasing the ball. I thought they got rid of “in the grasp” like 10 years ago?
The Voldemorts have a long history of bad calls, I’ll admit. But fan thinks that about his own team.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Bengals up 24-7 on the Steelers. Not hard to have the opinion that Big Ben is washed up.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Ownership should have made a change several years ago, coach and QB. But Steelers seem to think if they stick with the same ol' thing, somehow it'll get better.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Steelers have lots of problems right now. A bad offensive line, an over the hill QB, and several injured defensive starters. I shut the game off and am just watching the Ryder Cup.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
What the fuck are the Chargers doing? Knee it, force Reid to call his last timeout, chip shot FG, game over. This isn’t rocket science.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Bad ending to the Ravens/Lions game- makes the league look incompetent and negligent. How can that delay of game not be called? Straighten this shit out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks