What's new

2021-2022 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Which QB will have the most success this season?

• Carson Wentz - Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Stafford - Rams

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Trevor Lawrence - Jaguars

• Jimmy Garoppolo -49ers

• Ryan Fitzpatrick - Redskins

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cam Newton - Patriots

• Jalen Hurts - Eagles

• Justin Fields - Bears

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mac Jones

• Zach Wilson -Jets

• Sam Darnold - Panthers

• Jameis Winston - Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Justin Tucker channels his inner Tom Dempsey to beat the Lions with a record 66 yard field goal that bounced off the crossbar and went through.

My earliest Lions memory was Tom Dempsey beating them with a then record 63 yard FG.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I watched today’s games until my visiting brother left, then immediately shut off the TV as soon as he left. I accuse the league of being too arrogant to admit when they’re wrong, or when mistakes are made.
Will they take corrective measures to make sure what happened in Detroit today never happens again? Maybe, maybe not. Let’s see if the league admits to a mistake- something they rarely do. 👎

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I watched today’s games until my visiting brother left, then immediately shut off the TV as soon as he left. I accuse the league of being too arrogant to admit when they’re wrong, or when mistakes are made.
Will they take corrective measures to make sure what happened in Detroit today never happens again? Maybe, maybe not. Let’s see if the league admits to a mistake- something they rarely do. 👎
What happened? I only saw the replay of the kick on YouTube. I rarely watch the Lions anymore.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
What happened? I only saw the replay of the kick on YouTube. I rarely watch the Lions anymore.
The league can’t properly call a delay of game penalty. If the proper call was made, Ravens kicker Tucker would have had to kick a 71 yard FG to win. I don’t get it- the league prints money, and they can’t/don’t want to call a delay of game penalty? Baffling, to say the least.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
With todays technology, no call should be considered "Non Reviewable."

I get not wanting to bog the game down, but there are ways to address the situation. Currently coaches cant throw a challenge flag in the last two minutes and I thought that was because officials are watching the game in New York and can call in on controversial plays. Automatic league review. They ought to be able to weigh in on particularly egregious calls or missed calls.

Granted, particularly egregious is up to interpretation. But in instances like the clock today or the pass interference call that cost the Saints a potential trip to the Superbowl a couple of years ago, Id have rather erred on the side of correctness.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Man, it's going to be a long and painful football season for Jets and Giants fans. The Raiders still make too many mistakes and they're undisciplined from their HC down to the rest of the team.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Man, it's going to be a long and painful football season for Jets and Giants fans. The Raiders still make too many mistakes and they're undisciplined from their HC down to the rest of the team.

I know it is early in the season but through three games the worst head coach in the NFL is Robert Saleh. He looks totally lost and way over his head. Zach Wilson looks pretty bad so far but the coaching for the Jets looks basically non-existent. If the Jets go 0-17 and Wilson sets an interception record they should fire Saleh and go get Eric Bieniemy. Who should have landed a job as a Head Coach already but doubtful the Jets will get anything right.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They said Lions fans booed the owner during a halftime ceremony. Wonder if she got the message? Prob not.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
They said Lions fans booed the owner during a halftime ceremony. Wonder if she got the message? Prob not.

Well, the one thing I will say about the Lions is they are putting up a fight in their games so far. That counts for something even though it has not resulted in a win.

Good news for Urban Meyer, he has dropped pretty far down on the list of coaches that may be fired this season. Oddly, Vegas gives odds that the first coach to be fired this season will be Bengals coach Zac Taylor, who I admit I have not been following but he is 2-1 and his team just laid a smack down on division rival Pittsburgh.

Next we have Matt Nagy and Joe Judge with the Bears and Giants respectively. Now, Nagy has a defense but not much of an offense. Judge has...well...Judge has a really bad team.

These guys all lead Meyer in the first to be fired chase. Really, my opinion is Saleh has been the worst coach so far but he's new, has an obvious rebuilding project on his hands and so will probably not near the top of this list until we get toward the season's end.

I'll say this though, when you watch the Bears, Bengals, and Giants play (I've not seen a Jaguars game yet but will this Thursday) you can see coaching happening. You can see bad decisions and mistakes and some pretty bad players but you see attempts to coach these teams.

When you watch the Jets, well, it looks like the coaching staff has no clue. Nobody sits with or talks with or attempts to coach or calm down Zach Wilson...your first round franchise QB that has apparently only been told to "keep chucking it" and that is about all.

The Jets right now look like the worst team in football and I feel bad for Wilson because I just think they could ruin him...if he is any good which is hard to tell in these circumstances.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Well, the one thing I will say about the Lions is they are putting up a fight in their games so far. That counts for something even though it has not resulted in a win.

Good news for Urban Meyer, he has dropped pretty far down on the list of coaches that may be fired this season. Oddly, Vegas gives odds that the first coach to be fired this season will be Bengals coach Zac Taylor, who I admit I have not been following but he is 2-1 and his team just laid a smack down on division rival Pittsburgh.

Next we have Matt Nagy and Joe Judge with the Bears and Giants respectively. Now, Nagy has a defense but not much of an offense. Judge has...well...Judge has a really bad team.

These guys all lead Meyer in the first to be fired chase. Really, my opinion is Saleh has been the worst coach so far but he's new, has an obvious rebuilding project on his hands and so will probably not near the top of this list until we get toward the season's end.

I'll say this though, when you watch the Bears, Bengals, and Giants play (I've not seen a Jaguars game yet but will this Thursday) you can see coaching happening. You can see bad decisions and mistakes and some pretty bad players but you see attempts to coach these teams.

When you watch the Jets, well, it looks like the coaching staff has no clue. Nobody sits with or talks with or attempts to coach or calm down Zach Wilson...your first round franchise QB that has apparently only been told to "keep chucking it" and that is about all.

The Jets right now look like the worst team in football and I feel bad for Wilson because I just think they could ruin him...if he is any good which is hard to tell in these circumstances.
I haven’t been following, but I would think Vikings coach Zimmer is on the hottest seat. About Bengals coach Taylor- that would be idiotic to fire him in his 3rd season, after sticking with the previous coach for WAY too long. Looks to me like Burrow is a pretty good talent, but the Bengals look bad in their defensive secondary.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I haven’t been following, but I would think Vikings coach Zimmer is on the hottest seat. About Bengals coach Taylor- that would be idiotic to fire him in his 3rd season, after sticking with the previous coach for WAY too long. Looks to me like Burrow is a pretty good talent, but the Bengals look bad in their defensive secondary.

Zimmer is on the list but below the other guys mentioned. I think they like Zimmer and so are going to give him plenty of rope. I also do not think the Bengals or Giants are likely to fire their coaches during the season. So, probably they will not be the first to be fired. The Giants need to clean house and fire Gettleman first. He is awful and has destroyed the team rather than rebuild it. If they get a new GM that guy will decide on Joe Judge, who the Mara's apparently like. I would assume a new GM would start over and fire Judge so there is a ways to go before Judge gets canned.

Nagy is a good bet to get canned first especially because everybody hated his decision to start Dalton over Fields and then Fields does start and gets sacked 9 times and stinks and this is blamed on Nagy. Nagy had been saying all along he did not want to start Fields because he did not think the kid was ready.

NFL experts were screaming that Fields needed to be the starter over Dalton and so they just hate Nagy. Basically, Chicago has a terrible O-line like several other teams and so Fields should not be starting. If you are going to let a guy struggle behind a bad line let it be a guy like Dalton.

To me the Jets are the wild card here. I don't know what they will do. Saleh has been awful and Wilson has looked worse in each progressive game. He is getting no help so it likely continues down this path. Problem is if you let a rookie QB get slaughtered it will shake his confidence and it may destroy his career. I honestly don't think Wilson should be starting and they should go get a veteran QB to come in and help. Jets fans have been booing Wilson. Mostly, this looks like a bad situation with a coaching staff that appears not to know how to respond to it and an organization that does a poor job in general with decision making.

They might be sitting at 0-8 with Wilson leading the league in INTs and they could fire Saleh then. Basically, I think the Jets will want to help their rookie QB who some experts tabbed the best QB in the draft even over Lawrence. I'm sure the Jets believe that and if Saleh continues to look totally inept they could panic fire Saleh. You do want to be the first to fire in this case because you want to be the first to be able to offer the job to the guy you want.

It makes sense if your priority is your rookie QB to tab Bieniemy as the guy you want. He has worked for Andy Reid, a great developer of QBs, and should already have been given a job. My guess is in the next round of HC vacancies he will get one.

Truth is, I don't know if Wilson has what it takes to be an NFL QB but if you want to find out you better get a guy that can work with QBs. They don't seem to have one in New York.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm just looking forward to finding out if the Broncos are for real next week. Hopefully they are and will silence all the "they've only beaten bad teams" banter. You have to play the teams on your schedule. I have to admit, with Fangio obviously completely changing his coaching approach this year, and with a QB who can finally manage the game, they had a real gift getting to start with such a soft three games. If they beat the Ravens, that should end any doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks