What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

2019-2020 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

What team will be a surprise success this season?

• Cleveland Browns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indianapolis Colts

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Baltimore Ravens

• Oakland Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Lions have ensured a continuation of mediocrity by announcing already that head coach Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn will both return next season. Hey, it took Matt Millen eight years to build an 0-16 team, so it's nice to see the Ford Family have patience with this brain trust. They need a couple more years to hit rock bottom.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The Texans won’t go far in the playoffs- their offense has done very little vs. a mediocre Tampa defense. The way the media sycophants are talking now, they think everyone should get on board with the idea of a bunch of giveaways are just part of Winston’s game. I wouldn’t trust
Jameis to take a team anywhere.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yes the Bills/Patriots is the highlight game. Can Allen play well enough to beat the Brady Bunch? I have my doubts.
...and the answer was -- not quite. Buffalo kept the game close, but watching the game you had a feeling that the Pats would find a way to pull out a victory in the end, which they did.

The 49ers certainly like to make things exciting. They are not dominating teams they way they were early in the season. It will be interesting to see how far they go in a very balanced NFC playoffs. I could see any of San Fran, Seattle, Green Bay, New Orleans or even Minnesota getting to the Super Bowl.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
...and the answer was -- not quite. Buffalo kept the game close, but watching the game you had a feeling that the Pats would find a way to pull out a victory in the end, which they did.

The 49ers certainly like to make things exciting. They are not dominating teams they way they were early in the season. It will be interesting to see how far they go in a very balanced NFC playoffs. I could see any of San Fran, Seattle, Green Bay, New Orleans or even Minnesota getting to the Super Bowl.
If Vikings RB Cook isn’t healthy going into the playoffs, stick a fork in ‘em (Cousins can’t put a team on his shoulders).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

The 49ers had a ton of injuries as I don’t think they’re as good of a team now. I turned off the Patriots game because I felt the Bills would come up short.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
If things go as expected, the first round in the AFC playoffs will be #5 Bills at #4 Texans, and #6 Titans or Steelers at #3 Chiefs.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Can Jason Garrett possibly survive this time? I cannot imagine Jones bringing him back next season after this late season collapse. It's been enjoyable to watch, though.
Garrett is done. I thought the Cowboys looked flat and/or unprepared at the start of the game yesterday. I’m still not sold on Prescott either.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Reports are Lamar Jackson wants to play next week vs. the Steelers. I’d be stunned if Harbaugh
let’s him play- there is nothing to gain, and everything to lose.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Reports are Lamar Jackson wants to play next week vs. the Steelers. I’d be stunned if Harbaugh
let’s him play- there is nothing to gain, and everything to lose.
Let's see. A mobile quarterback, an opponent with a tough defense, nothing to play for, and your playoff chances are gone if he gets hurt. Sorry, Lamar, but I think your coach chains you to the bench this weekend. Harbaugh's too smart not to.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Let's see. A mobile quarterback, an opponent with a tough defense, nothing to play for, and your playoff chances are gone if he gets hurt. Sorry, Lamar, but I think your coach chains you to the bench this weekend. Harbaugh's too smart not to.
It’s now being reported that Lamar isn’t going to play. Most fans knew that anyway.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It was already announced today that Jackson and many of the Ravens starters are benched this coming Sunday.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Reports are Lamar Jackson wants to play next week vs. the Steelers. I’d be stunned if Harbaugh let’s him play- there is nothing to gain, and everything to lose.
He's been playing a lot of garbage time over the past couple of weeks anyway. He should have been taken out in the 4th quarter of those games.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I don't know how others feel but this NFL season, in my opinion, has been a lot better than recent seasons as there have been a lot more really good meaningful games. Plus I think the group of playoff games we are going to get all look like excellent games.

Are you not entertained?

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Granted I know that things depend on if the team or team you are a fan of is doing well but I am just saying that on the whole, this is a much better season of football than I have seen in a while.

And I know, and it is true, the refs have been pretty awful.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The NFC is wide open, the AFC has the Ravens, then the Patriots and Chiefs a notch below Baltimore, then the other 3 teams with no shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliedisdisusa
Recent bookmarks