What's new

Would the SVS be worth the upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Raj_asaurus

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, it coming out in the summer would be awesome timing! Thats probably when I'm going to end up making the purchase unless I find a good USED deal with a HSU or SVS

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor

I reserve faith for very few things, and I'm a coffee kind of guy.

Admittedly, the super charger (or whatever it's called) makes me chuckle, but I think it is possible the thing will play flat to 16 Hz in-room (the PB10-ISD already gets to 16 Hz in-room, so why not the Hsu?). I also think it might do so at levels acceptable for HT in smaller rooms. There are a handful of people who talk about it, however, like it’s the greatest thing since the wheel with cute "patent pending" marketing speak. I'm just wondering if anyone's actually measured it, or is it more of the "my dad can beat up your dad" stuff you see from folks who can't support their beliefs.

For that matter, has anyone stated the final cost and production dates (I'm not positive, but I thought I read "by summer" followed with "around summer" and "around August" in various threads).

-Robb

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
Robb Roy,how much do you figure is below 25Hz in a 2 hour action flick,maybe 20-30 seconds? Maybe? I belive its something like 95% is 25Hz and above but if its a concern,i've heard that if you order something like a 25-31PCI,you can sak to have it tuned to 22Hz.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I could never fathom looking at a DVD's bass content as a "percentage of soundtrack". Does one need to have a contant 16Hz pedal tone for it to be meaningful? Maybe low bass stuff is put there on purpose...and maybe its reproduction is worthwhile.

These same people have no clue how or why this might be the case. Or of the trade-offs involved. It is bliss, they say.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Dany,

I honestly don't know. We do know Hollywood is putting in more all the time. If it *is* 5% (based on your thinking 95% is 25 Hz and above) then we're actually looking at 360 seconds, not 20-30. 360 seconds sounds high to me. I wouldn't be surprised if it's somewhere in between those guesses.

Jack,

Don't get me wrong -- I think the HO subs are going to be awesome (there's no disputing Hsu makes great products). I just take issue with describing something in such glowing terms with no evidence as to the veracity of those claims.

-Robb

Raj_asaurus

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I emailed them asking about it...they'll probably blow it off, but who knows maybe he'll give me a little info.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
So you need to decide is it worth xx amount of money for the % of whats under 25Hz?

It would be very hard to find a nicer & more humble guy than Dr Hsu.

Why would you assume that Hsu Research would blow you off? They are a bunch of really great people - pleasere to do business with.

If you read the HSU BB, they have clearly stated many times that at this time they are not ready to provide the technical info on the new products. As soon as Dr Hsu is ready to, we will see Hsu post the updates.

The evidence IS coming - however do you take issues with other brands too? It seems like that no matter what people claim about SVS it is seems to be ok.
I have the right to get excited about things don't I?

FYI, some of us get to read info that 99% of you don't get to see :D

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Thomas,

I have no problem with excited customers, or with companies creating hype around their products, but don't cry when taken to task on your statements. It takes more than a "I know something that you don't know" claim to diminish my skepticism.

-Robb

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Myself being admittedly biased towards SVS, I see arguments brought up on both sides that imo, are just plain ridiculous. "Both sides are un-fair at times", if my opinion were asked for.:b

I never asked you to take my word for anything. After all I am a nobody, so why even question my statement? That is all.

It is all the pages after pages of **SVS is better** simply because their sub is tuned lower? I am just excited that Dr Hsu is **responding** :D

Some of us do get info that 99% of you don't. But as we promised, our lips are sealed! :D

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Thomas:

Did you ever notice when someone asks about an SVS product that someone like yourself comes on to this forum, into the thread and posts something like the above.

This type of posting is not allowed on this forum and will never be allowed. Your membership to this forum has been removed.

Parker Clack

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Thomas,

A lot goes into the *quality* of a subwoofer, but last I looked, going lower was the primary *purpose* of a subwoofer.

-Robb

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
It is all the pages after pages of **SVS is better** simply because their sub is tuned lower?
__________________________________________________ ____

Well you can be sure we'll have a new argument by the time that happens?:D

Will you be making the same argument,if all goes to plan? I can assure you many would. Subjective wouldn't be the main theme/argument anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks