What's new

Which ceiling height speaker to purchase(actually to return) (1 Viewer)

Tibornagy

Agent
Real Name
Tibor nagy
I purchased The klipsch r 1650 c a pair. After later review i was little concerned that the power range was only 35 watts. i will be running 5.1.2 on denon avr 3500x with klipsch rfIIi's as mains and the center and rear surrounds of all the same line. Svs pb2-isd( dual 12 in powered sub). I would imagine height speakers don't require a lot of wattage? I can return those and get klipsch r 1800-cs for little more money. I gain 5 watts and a 8 info woofer instead of 6.5. would i really see a difference ?is it worth shipping it all back and getting the slightly upgraded ceiling

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 7.11.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 7.11.04 PM.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 68

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
After later review i was little concerned that the power range was only 35 watts.

Power handling specs should be quoted as a range, not an absolute value. Some speakers can be comfortably driven with lower amplifier power [Klipsch speakers are usually that breed] while others [4 ohm] will require more. In any case there should be a minimum, recommended and maximum spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks