1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Which ceiling height speaker to purchase(actually to return)

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Tibornagy, Dec 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Tibornagy

Tibornagy Auditioning

Tibor nagy
    I purchased The klipsch r 1650 c a pair. After later review i was little concerned that the power range was only 35 watts. i will be running 5.1.2 on denon avr 3500x with klipsch rfIIi's as mains and the center and rear surrounds of all the same line. Svs pb2-isd( dual 12 in powered sub). I would imagine height speakers don't require a lot of wattage? I can return those and get klipsch r 1800-cs for little more money. I gain 5 watts and a 8 info woofer instead of 6.5. would i really see a difference ?is it worth shipping it all back and getting the slightly upgraded ceiling

Attached Files:

2. John Dirk

John Dirk Cinematographer
    Supporter

JOHN
    Power handling specs should be quoted as a range, not an absolute value. Some speakers can be comfortably driven with lower amplifier power [Klipsch speakers are usually that breed] while others [4 ohm] will require more. In any case there should be a minimum, recommended and maximum spec.