What's new
World Wide Stereo

Which would you buy? (1 Viewer)

keoni

Agent
I have been looking at Dayton 12 MKII and the Shiva. What in your opinions would be the best choice? I am going with a 200-250 watt amp in a sealed enclosure. I want the sub to be suited well for home theater as well as music application.

I have seen Adires plans for their 54, and 85 liter sealed enclosures now I just have to pick a driver to use. Could I use the Dayton 12 MKII with the Adire plans for a downfiring sub? The website says that the 54 liter enclosure would work best for hometheater/music applic, where I have also heard that a 85 would be a better option. Anyone have a different opinion? Thank you.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Aaron Gilbert

Second Unit
To which Dayton 12" MKII are you referring? The Titanic or the plain MKII? I hope the Titanic, as the regular 12" MKII is just not in the same league as the Shiva.

The 12" Titanic MKII has slightly better Xmax than the Shiva MKIV, and it's cheaper (now on sale), so would seem a better deal. It looks a lot nicer I think, which normally I wouldn't care about, but since it is less money...

However, Parts Express says the 12" Titanic MKII is on backorder for almost another month. I don't know about the Shiva.

You can't really going wrong either way, performance wise, so it may just come down to how long you want to wait and which look you prefer. As for enclosure size with the Dayton, you really won't be able to tell a huge difference between 54l and 85l with a sealed enclosure. You may hear not hear any difference at all, in fact. The difference in box Q (Qtc) is extremely small.

Aaron Gilbert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks