What's new

Where is Cube 2: Hypercube? (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a good try, but didn't really make sense in the end. I'm not talking about the abstract physics of the cube, but rather about why the hell this all happened. The first movie lets you see what happens and then you just kind of say "sucks to be them." This one makes you want to know who is responsible and how this happened and yada yada yada, but it doesn't fully answer everything.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
This was playing on the Sci-Fi Channel the other night but they stretched the 90-minute running time so it would fit into a FOUR-HOUR slot. Lots and lots and lots of lengthy commercial breaks. It was so bad, I gave up on it.
Screw you, Sci-Fi Channel. :angry:
Now when does the DVD come out? :)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
This was playing on the Sci-Fi Channel the other night but they stretched the 90-minute running time so it would fit into a FOUR-HOUR slot.
It was playing in a TWO-HOUR slot on Thursday night. And it played twice on Saturday night, both showings in TWO-HOUR slots. ;)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I watched it Saturday night when the second showing aired, and on my satellite TV, it said it was on from 12AM to 3AM. I was like "shit, they're gonna make it that frickin' long with their bloody commercials?!" But then, I checked the guide to see what came on afterwards, and the times listed in order were 12, 1, 3, so I then realized that the time change obviously fucked things up, and made it seem like it was on longer than it was, and it was only two hours after all.

As for the film itself, I really liked it, but it definitely wasn't as stellar as the original. Plus, the ending left me with a huge WTF feeling. Anyhow, more comments when I have more time.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I think maybe Steve was watching it from one of the Hypercube's "slow" rooms.
:D
I don't think the time change had anything to do with it. I started watching the movie when it came on at one a.m. but gave up around three - that was right after the detective had tied down and stabbed the crazy old lady. I checked the guide and it had the time slot listed as being from 1 - 5. Ridiculous!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I bought the DVD and the "extended ending" in the bonus materials section is a lot better, even if the ending is still a cop out.

When Kate escapes the hypercube, the black military guy talks to her about her adventure in the hypercube. Basically Kate works for the military and chose to go in the hypercube to see that the blind Asian girl was eliminated (for God knows what reason). Kate asks the guy how long she was in the hypercube for and he tells her "six minutes and fifty-nine seconds." He then receives a phone call and answers it. He then tells Kate to get some sleep and that her country is proud of her. He leaves the building and then she is shot in the head by the military officer behind her. That officer goes up to the phone, dials it, and tells the person on the other end that "Phase 2" is terminated.

Works a little bit better, but is still one really shitty ending. Additional deleted scenes on the DVD include:

More footage of Kate escaping the hypercube before it collapses, more footage of the "razor cube," and more footage when the cube starts closing in on itself when Kate is helping the guy handcuffed to the ladder.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Finally watched this last night and i just wanted to say that it was much better than i was expecting, although i was expecting a huge letdown from the original. Yeah it had a lot of flaws and i wouldn't buy it or anything, but i enjoyed watching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks