What's new

International The Trollenberg Terror ( The Crawling Eye ) Blu Ray /Anolis (Germany) Limited Edition (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
May 19th was the drop date for a classic "Atomic Age" 1950s Horror/Sci-Fi classic "The Crawing Eye" or for this German restored Blu Ray release "Die Teufelwoke von Montville" or "The Devil Clouds of Montville". They are offering 3 different sleeves, A is the Greman Poster B is the Italian Poster the C is an original art piece for this release. At this point they are only selling through Euro websites, I got mine via Amazon.de, I trust these guys. Some that ordered them are recieving them and early views seem positive, others are waiting until this weekend to dive into this one. For more information there is also a thread here as well - https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/mon...r-the-crawling-eye-blu-ray-fr-t88578-s20.html

For those interested here is the Amazon link -

Attachments

• IMG_6357.jpeg
    IMG_6357.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Also, from Anolis now available is a remastered classic "Attack of the Giant Leeches".
It seems every copy of that film is almsot unwatchable...finger crossed that someone has a decent copy for restoration. More than likely it'll be BFI/Studio Canal.
here;s the link = https://amzn.eu/d/iU1kTFt

Attachments

• Katakomben_Cover.jpg
    Katakomben_Cover.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Also, from Anolis sometime in June is a remastered classic "Attack of the Giant Leeches".
It seems every copy of that film is almsot unwatchable...finger crossed that someone has a decent copy for restoration. More than likely it'll be BFI/Studio Canal.
There are no links yet for this title...as soon as I find I'll update in a seperate thread.
I got this over 2 months ago from Anolis. Looks good, but for some reason they put the title of the film in German in the English language option.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I got this over 2 months ago from Anolis. Looks good, but for some reason they put the title of the film in German in the English language option.
Yeah I was going to edit the drop date. I went back and saw it up and running so I got a copy. Is it more watchable than the US copies....thay all seem too dark and flat and washed out. I was hoping that this would be better, because it sure couldn't be worse, LOL!!!

When I went back today and got this and a few other titles, hoping for the best. I picked up their editions of: Gorath (Ishiro Honda), https://amzn.eu/d/hzEW30M
Terror Beneath the Sea (Sonny Chiba), https://amzn.eu/d/4DMXRiW
Attack of the Giant Leeches, https://amzn.eu/d/gOMFvds
The 27th Day (Gene Barry), https://amzn.eu/d/5ekHnLN

Last edited:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I have the old, long out-of-print 2001 Image DVD 'Widescreen European Edition' (84m, 1.66 A/R), part of Image's 'Wade Williams Collection'...and this DVD is very sharp, IMO one of the best looking DVDs I've ever seen...glad to hear of the new Blu for those who want it, and though I really like The Crawling Eye/Trollenberg Terror, my existing DVD is so good that I won't need an upgrade.
1685302440565.png

1685302154987.png

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I have the old, long out-of-print 2001 Image DVD 'Widescreen European Edition' (84m, 1.66 A/R), part of Image's 'Wade Williams Collection'...and this DVD is very sharp, IMO one of the best looking DVDs I've ever seen...glad to hear of the new Blu for those who want it, and though I really like The Crawling Eye/Trollenberg Terror, my existing DVD is so good that I won't need an upgrade.
View attachment 185337
View attachment 185334
Same with me for this title.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
View attachment 185337
View attachment 185334
My last viewing of that DVD was last October. IMO, the video presentation was okay, but I would definitely buy it again for an improved video presentation.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
Big fan of this flick and it’s Nigel Kneale-esque story from Hammer stalwart Jimmy Sangster. It’s one of the MST3K episodes I’ll watch for the movie instead of the riffing.

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
View attachment 185337
View attachment 185334
I supervised this transfer at the Machine Room in London from the BFI's 35mm fin-grain master. Unfortunately it was done at a time when HD mastering was not the norm for standard def releases. I'm glad to hear the transfer is still being appreciated, also CITY OF THE DEAD dvd, after all these years.

Scott Voth

Stunt Coordinator
View attachment 185337
View attachment 185334
That's the version I have. Found it right next to my Invisible Invaders / Journey to the Seventh Planet DVD. The great movies of my childhood.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Strange, all the links take me to amazon USA, which has a preposterous price.

Eek! Expensive on amazon.de, too!
I think the problem is that Amazon sold out all the mediabooks on pre-order (which is a good thing) & all these high prices are from Marketplace sellers. I'm hoping for a plain Blu-ray release, then I'll buy it, it's a very good fifties sci-fi film.

parlorcat

Auditioning
Real Name
Perry
May 19th was the drop date for a classic "Atomic Age" 1950s Horror/Sci-Fi classic "The Crawing Eye" or for this German restored Blu Ray release "Die Teufelwoke von Montville" or "The Devil Clouds of Montville". They are offering 3 different sleeves, A is the Greman Poster B is the Italian Poster the C is an original art piece for this release. At this point they are only selling through Euro websites, I got mine via Amazon.de, I trust these guys. Some that ordered them are recieving them and early views seem positive, others are waiting until this weekend to dive into this one. For more information there is also a thread here as well - https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/mon...r-the-crawling-eye-blu-ray-fr-t88578-s20.html

The out-of-print 2001 (domestic) Image DVD is still available at Amazon (USA) via Fullfiled-By Sellers. Free 1-Day Prime delivery is available, for under $30.

That's the version I have. Found it right next to my Invisible Invaders / Journey to the Seventh Planet DVD. The great movies of my childhood.
View attachment 185337
View attachment 185334
For those that are interested… Amazon (USA) presently still has this same, out-of-print, 2001 Image DVD edition of "The Crawling Eye," with Prime Delivery from Fulfilled-By sellers, for under $30.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Look what showed up early!!! I know what's on for tonights viewing _ Germans sure love their Media Books!!! And so do I :dance:

Attachments

• IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    944.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1336.jpg
    IMG_1336.jpg
    978.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1337.jpg
    IMG_1337.jpg
    777.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1338.jpg
    IMG_1338.jpg
    936.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    783 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    673.6 KB · Views: 80

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks