What's new

International The Trollenberg Terror ( The Crawling Eye ) Blu Ray /Anolis (Germany) Limited Edition (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just received my blu ray today. The quality is the best that I have ever seen of this film and also appears to be multi region although it states region B, but it plays on my Blu-ray player
I'm watching the Blu-ray again with John Carpenter's audio commentary and you're right that it plays in Region "A" too. I'm not so sure about Region "C", but it's at least Region "A" & "B".

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
I'm watching the Blu-ray again with John Carpenter's audio commentary and you're right that it plays in Region "A" too. I'm not so sure about Region "C", but it's at least Region "A" & "B".
Wow , I'm region free but it's nice thats its A & B for others . Makes me wonder even more now that a usa release gotta be coming very soon .

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mine is also Region Free and plays fine on my Region A player. I tried it on my Region Free ( set to B) player but it didn't load. I didn't bother with C, I went straight to my Sony A player and took a gigantic sigh of relief ! I wish the spine said The Trollenberg Terror but it is what it is ! Im happy to have it ! :)

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
Mine is also Region Free and plays fine on my Region A player. I tried it on my Region Free ( set to B) player but it didn't load. I didn't bother with C, I went straight to my Sony A player and took a gigantic sigh of relief ! I wish the spine said The Trollenberg Terror but it is what it is ! Im happy to have it ! :)
what does the spine say ?

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It's in German, as its a German release but it would have been cool to have The Trollenberg Terror on the spine. I coped and pasted it :)
The PQ on this release is excellent !
TEUFELSWOLKE VON MONTEVILLE

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I am quite happy with this release. A childhood fave (WPIX in NY's Chiller Theater). Looks and sounds fine, and has a bunch of cool bonus features.

Not so cool is the other title I ordered from Diablik: TORMENTED. This really is a guilty pleasure; in fact, it is my favorite Bert I. Gordon film. The print is sharp enough with decent grading, but it is loaded with hairline scratches. I suppose, since it recalls matinees that showed well-used prints, this has a 60'S theatrical feel to it. The commentary and booklet are German-only. Oh, well...for $27. shipped (as was TROLLENBERG TERROR), I'm glad to have it at all.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I am quite happy with this release. A childhood fave (WPIX in NY's Chiller Theater). Looks and sounds fine, and has a bunch of cool bonus features.

Not so cool is the other title I ordered from Diablik: TORMENTED. This really is a guilty pleasure; in fact, it is my favorite Bert I. Gordon film. The print is sharp enough with decent grading, but it is loaded with hairline scratches. I suppose, since it recalls matinees that showed well-used prints, this has a 60'S theatrical feel to it. The commentary and booklet are German-only. Oh, well...for $27. shipped (as was TROLLENBERG TERROR), I'm glad to have it at all.
Yes, Chiller Theater was something I looked forward to every Saturday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks