What's new

International The Trollenberg Terror ( The Crawling Eye ) Blu Ray /Anolis (Germany) Limited Edition (1 Viewer)

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
Yeah I was going to edit the drop date. I went back and saw it up and running so I got a copy. Is it more watchable than the US copies....thay all seem too dark and flat and washed out. I was hoping that this would be better, because it sure couldn't be worse, LOL!!!

When I went back today and got this and a few other titles, hoping for the best. I picked up their editions of: Gorath (Ishiro Honda), https://amzn.eu/d/hzEW30M
Terror Beneath the Sea (Sonny Chiba), https://amzn.eu/d/4DMXRiW
Attack of the Giant Leeches, https://amzn.eu/d/gOMFvds
The 27th Day (Gene Barry), https://amzn.eu/d/5ekHnLN
Does Gorath have English subs?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Todd, waiting for your review!
John, I have never seen it so clean...I still have the dvd from Image Ent. and this is hands down better...I have not watched both of the AR offered but, dispite the booklet in German, I am so glad to have this in my collection. I had the same experience when I bought the French BD series of Alexander Dumas (Count of Monte Cristo, Black Magic and Man in Iron Mask). Although I wasn't able to take full adavantage of the commentary or the printed material, the films PQ/AQ themselves were all immaculate. So, I guess you would say it was a maeningful trade-off!! And I'm glad I did it!!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I just bought the BD of Quatermass 2 and the DVD was just as nice but in a different AR ( 1.37:1 vs 1.85:1). So, I’ve decided if the DVD looks sharp, it’ll be a keeper, since all my equipment upscales to 4K. To my eyes, it looks better and that’s all all that matters,

Oh, and thanks Todd for the review...very much appreciated!

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I read on another forum that a "standard" (less expensive) edition of this will be out this month. Any links? I can't find one.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I ordered this on the 15th, with an estimated 8/26-8/31 arrival...and it hasn't even shipped yet.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They took mine, although they haven't charged me for it yet:

Arriving 26 Aug - 31 Aug

Die Teufelswolke von Monteville [Blu-ray]
Tucker, Forrest
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

€26,02
Condition: New
Add gift option
I got the same estimated arrival date. They took my order, and I ordered it three days before you place your order on August 15th. I noticed earlier this week that my order hasn't shipped out and that they're not taking any further orders.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I got the same estimated arrival date. They took my order, and I ordered it three days before you place your order on August 15th. I noticed earlier this week that my order hasn't shipped out and that they're not taking any further orders.

Yeah, not sure what that means. I guess Anolis didn't provide the supplies? Amazon ran out of copies? Never gonna happen?

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I ordered the standard release from Wicked City, barring any mail issues I should have it in a few weeks I hope. Of course a USA label will announce it by the end of the year :D

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
Been asking some of the smaller shops like diabolik and Orbit and they look to be holding out getting this one in the standard edition from Anolis . One said they would as long as no USA gets a release , I feel its coming , It's all ready in HD on Amazon . I'll give it another month and if nothing gets announced getting the German from Wicked Vision .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks