What's new

When do the new Wega's come out? (1 Viewer)

Andy Kim

Second Unit
I'm on the verge of buying the Sony Wega KV36FS13.

In Canada its going for $2300 +free stand.

If the new ones are coming out soon, I might want to hold off and see what improvements they would offer...but that free stand deal is nice (considering its $300 here) and only last till the end of May.

Thanks

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
You might mention the new models to your dealer (unless its a "big box") and see if they'll give you a deal. I'm sure most see the "writing on the wall" for this model line and would love to get rid of it before the new models come in.

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
Usually Sony does a two year run on these kinds of sets and I believe that this is just the first year for the fs13/17. Look for the new sets next summer. Jason

I think the 20" are the exception to this and only 27" and up are affected

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
Exerpts:
"The FS series will begin shipping in April..."
"Scheduled to ship beginning April, the FV series..."
April is almost up :)

JasonRH

Second Unit
I saw a new 24 inch model at a nearby Sony store, so some models are already available. Didn't see anything larger than that though :frowning:

Andy Kim

Second Unit
Do you guys think there will be any vast improvements that will make it worth it to buy the new line?

Thanks

JasonRH

Second Unit
Andy,

I doubt there will be a great improvement unless you are planning on buying one of the HDTV ready models. Some of those will have the option of adjusting the DRC (hopefully being able to disable it) and the ability to view jpegs in high def, among other small audio/video improvements.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks