What's new

Help identifying problem with Sony Wega HDTV (1 Viewer)

Mike+D

Auditioning
Hello all, I've come to you for help as no local technician seems to want to take a sensible stab at diagnosing my problem.
I have a 36" Sony Wega HD CRT TV (KV-36HS510) that I recently moved to a new home. When it was moved it must have been bumped because now the right most quarter of the screen sags downward. The rest of the screen is fine, straight as ever, there is no color distortion, and all inputs and signals types are affected. I've tried adjustments in service mode, none of which correct my problem. Since the TV is so heavy I don't want to move it again even to have it serviced (frankly I can't move it myself anyway), and I don't want to pay a tech to come out just to tell me he has to take it away, or that he can't fix it. I have a friend who is a video technician (but unfortunately lives nowhere near me) that suggested it may be the coil around the tube, that it has slipped and can be readjusted by opening the set.
Frankly I just need a better idea of what is wrong so that when I go to find a tech to come fix it I can be better prepared for any curves he may try to throw me. And I also want to get an idea of what may be involved in fixing this, or if I can do it myself as I am pretty comfortable with fixing most things myself.
Little help?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks