What's new

STUTTER/JUDDER FREE TVs? (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I got my first UHD TV last year (Sony Bravia X80J), I wish I had done better research, since it doesn't have the deep black levels I like, but I with it came a new problem I never experience before: stutter/judder. Not sure which I have. Reviews say it fixes judder quite, so it may be stutter I have, and only in blu-ray/UHD movies, and on in panning shots with a light source. Dark scenes are perfectly fine. The worst movie I have with this is effect is Ronin Flix's horror comedy THERE'S NOTHING OUT THERE. My god, the amount of stutter/judder in that movie is obscene. Ha! Most of my research seems to suggest a particular TV my deal with judder, but still have stutter and vice versa. I hear OLEDs are notorious for having varying degrees of stutter. I get the feeling TV makers don't even make basic 1080p HD TVs anymore, they're either all OLEDS, smart TVs and/or UHDs. Only way to fix it is to enable some degree of motion smoothing, which does work, but now the image has that soap opera effect I can't stand. If it's between that and stutter, I'll take the stutter. My question is do they even make UHD TVs that are stutter/judder free? Or at the very least a minimum of stutter/judder-ness?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks