What's new

PS2 through component (1 Viewer)

Hello all. New to the forum so if I'm posting this in the wrong section, don't kill me ;) Anyway, I just upgraded to HDTV the other day (Sony 55" Grand Wega 3LCD KDF-E55A20) and well when I'm playing a source through my PS2 or my DVD player, the video cuts out for a second and comes back. It will do this a lot during playback from these sources. My xbox doesn't do that at all. It's all running through a Sore System Selector Pro 2.0 so I can switch component video. All 3 devices are hooked component as well. I have noticed though, that PS2 games that are in 480P or 1080i it doesn't do it as often. Any ideas on what it could be? Already checked all cables and none loose. I ran RG-6 through the walls from the equipment to the TV and I mached up the colors on the outputs/inputs of the equip and TV.

Paul Simmons

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm, in the PS2 settings menu, did you set it to Y,Cb/Pb,Cr/Pr? Also in the menu change the screen size to 16:9 as well.

Let us know if this helps!

Yes. I set those settings first thing. And even with the PS2 in 16:9, the image still doesn't take the whole screen. It's short on the left and right by a little bit.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Jeffrey--although I don't have the video cut-outs you've experienced, I can tell you that the underscans on the left- and right-hand side of the screen are more or less the "norm" when it comes to PS2; I have the same issue on my 50" Panasonic plasma, my 36" Sony XBR tube TV, and my Sony 27" XBR tube...regardless of which connection type (composite/component/S-video) I'm using to hook up my PS2 to the display. I should add however that this is with my first-gen PS2 console; I don't know if the current-gen PS2 models have compensated for left/right underscan...also, some displays don't have as much--if any, at all--underscan so the PS2 images fill the screen completely. Some PS2 games will allow you to adjust the over/underscan, but just for that particular game only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks