What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (5 Viewers)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
May 17th, 2016 Tuesday

Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid
DCP

msp0051_butch_cassidy.jpg

Next months classic movie that I will go out and see will be: Fight Club (35mm film)

Last edited:

jcb07

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
j. c. bartolomei
So it seems everyone's weekend plans got changed last week - not just me.Didn't get to The Great Escape. Usually watch with my boys, but it was a short weekend, they were at their mom's on Sunday, and things came up on Saturday which didn't leave enough time for TGE. Perhaps next weeken with its additional day.This weekend (after Star Trek and Doctor Who), probably my newly acquired UK versions of Disney Aladdin and DisneyTarzan. Maybe Second Chorus if I can find a copy

jcb07

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
j. c. bartolomei
I am watching four new DVDs:

TIMBUKTU - Van Heflin, Ruth Roman

THE BIG GAMBLE - Stephen Boyd, Juliette Greco

KISS THE BLOOD OFF MY HANDS - Joan Fontaine, Burt Lancaster

LADY in the DARK - Ginger Rogers, Ray Milland

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
May 17th, 2016 Tuesday

Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid
2K DCP

(Updated because I did not have the information that this was a 2K DCP)

msp0051_butch_cassidy.jpg

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Going to go see Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid tomorrow.
Dave, that's one of my all-time favorites. Went and saw Butch Cassidy at least 5 times at various venues, including once at a college, in late 1969 and the early 1970s. The only movie I ever went to see a greater number of times than that terrific Newman/Redford film was Raiders of the Lost Ark, which I took three different women to see on dates, talked friends into going with me to see on three occasions, went to twice by myself, including the first time seeing it, and finally, saw in a theater for the last time, during a 1983 re-release when my daughter had become old enough, at last, to go see Raiders.

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
This weekend I hope to watch a double feature I'd planned for a weekend months ago, but we all know how it goes with mice and men. Anyhow, this time, hope it works out to view a double bill consisting of 2 war films, both of which are seen from the German point of view. The first film will be the 1930 classic, All Quiet On The Western Front. Have never seen this great anti-war movie, and feel very fortunate to have this film about young German recruits in World War I, on Blu-ray.

The 2nd film (hopefully) will be Die Brücke, (The Bridge) a 1959 West German film about a group of small town, 16 year old German high school boys who quickly become soldiers, and try to defend a bridge against advancing American troops, in the last desperate days of World War ll. This award winning movie also has the reputation of being a powerful anti-war film. On the strength of this movie, its Austrian director, Bernhard Wicki, won the assignment of directing the German scenes in the huge 1962 film production which recreated World War ll's D-Day invasion of France, The Longest Day.

For almost 5 decades, have been aware of, and always wanted to see, The Bridge, but it never seemed to be available. So when, at about this time last year, Home Theater Forum's own Brandon Conway announced, via his pre-1990s Blu-ray release thread, that The Bridge would be issued on Blu-ray by Criterion in the summer of 2015, I was just thrilled to read his announcement of the film's upcoming release date. Then, was lucky enough to snag a copy of the movie during last summer's Blu-ray/DVD half off sale, at our local Barnes & Noble. Am amazed that I've waited this long to watch the movie, but did spin the disc for a couple minutes, recently, and the film's black & white photography really looks terrific on Blu-ray. Am so looking forward to experiencing this movie. I just hope that it comes close to living up to expectations, after knowing of the film's reputation for so long.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
May 21st, 2016 Saturday

The Revenant (Redbox Rental)
1080p Blu-ray upconverted to 4K UHD
7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

tom-hardy-the-revenant-movie-poster-01-691x1024.jpg

Will be putting this movie on my purchase list and will get the 4K UHD Blu-ray!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I finally got around to watching The Great Race last night, I big favourite of mine from the sixties, & a great looking Blu-ray from Warner. Usually one film a night is enough, but I was in the mood, so I followed it with Midnight In Paris, very enjoyable, & very yellow at times! But it always looked great & at least the yellow was there for a reason: looking at today through the golden haze of nostalgia that someone from the future would do (I think).

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I watched WOMAN ON THE RUN last night. It bore a couple of similarities to VERTIGO including an extensive use of San Francisco location work. It's great film noir and a welcome release from Flicker Alley.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks