What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (3 Viewers)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Tonight's Feature Presentation and every special feature!

1658202116630.png

this disc is fully loaded, and to be honest those extras are some of the most informative things I have seen in a long time, special emphasis on A Brief History of Cinecolor by Jack Theakston, an extremely informative featurette.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
A friend recently told me about last week's episode of Nova: S49E10 - Ultimate Space Telescope. Pulled it up on demand earlier today and was really entertained by the presentation. I honestly can't say if there was material unique to this presentation but it covered the scope of the JWST from initial design to deployment and featured a number of interviews with personnel associated with the project. Very enjoyable and worth viewing if you have interest in the topic.

- Walter.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Safe
Originally Released: 04/27/2012
Watched: 07/20/2022
1080P digital streaming on HBO Max, upscaled to 4K via Roku Ultra

Safe (2012) Poster.jpg

Recommended?
Yes

Why? Boaz Yakin is a tricky filmmaker to pin down, with the genre and tone varying wildly from picture to picture. Here, he offers his spin on the Jason Statham action thriller. It's not the best entry in Statham's personal subgenre, but it's not the worst either. Statham plays a man beaten down by the world and the weight of his own past choices and regrets. He is shaken out of his self-destructive spiral when he encounters a vulnerable young girl with a talent for numbers who is caught between the Chinese mob, the Russian mob, and corrupt elements within the NYPD. An explosive night for the city of New York follows, and plays out more or less as you'd expect but with plenty of pinache and brutality.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The Gray Man
Originally Released: 07/15/2022
Watched: 07/23/2022
1080P HD digital streaming on Netflix, upscaled to 4K via Roku Ultra

The Gray Man (2022) Poster

Recommended?
Yes

Why? Everything in this movie has been done before better elsewhere, but it's still a briskly entertaining and well-cast throwback to the fun, over the top action b-movies of the eighties and nineties. And Chris Evans plays one of the all-time spectacular assholes as the main villain.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yeah, I watched The Gray Man last night. Awe-inspiring action sequences to be sure: all over-the-top destruction and mayhem, and both male stars seemed to be having the time of their lives as they played variations on Bourne and Bond. But I wearied of the constant battling into the second hour and longed for some fleshing out of character. Even with the backstories we were given, I wanted more. Fine popcorn movie, but I'm not sure I'll ever watch it again.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Decision at Sundown - the weakest of the Ranown westerns. On the disc is an excellent interview with director Budd Boetticher who says he didn't like the film.

The Gray Man - agree with Matt's comments above, have expanded my thoughts in the movie thread.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Ride Lonesome/Comanche Station - the final two films from the Indicator blu ray set. It is often said that westerns can be categorised as town or trail and these last two together with The Tall T are all 'trail' and by far the best of the set (and all written by Burt Kennedy).

I think that all great films have memorable dialogue and Scott's famous line 'some things a man can't ride around' from The Tall T is used again in Ride Lonesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks