What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (5 Viewers)

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S

1378875844_3.jpg

51gDGNA7AzL.jpg
325full-friday-the-13th%3A-from-crystal-lake-to-manhattan-ultimate-collection-%28part-1--slash--part-2--slash--part-3--slash--part-cover.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I like Gail Russell in this film - in fact, I like her in general - and I feel that she is no longer especially young strengthens her performance as a married woman who has had her disappointments.
All this talk about Gail Russell got me in the mood to revisit another childhood movie in which I first noticed Russell with her pretty face and beautiful blue eyes even though the film is in Black & White. I watched my 2013 Blu-ray of "Angel and the Badman".

1603017228606.png

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Today I watched Passport To Shame, a film about prostitution in London in the mid-1950s. The film was entertaining but lightweight and could have been a lot better if the script had been re-imagined by a far more skilful writer. The two leading players are not star material and just two years later Sean Connery would have been ideal as the male lead. The supporting actors are good: Herbert Lom, Brenda de Banzie and Diana Dors. Working on this movie were three people who went on to have very successful careers. The camera operator was Nicholas Roeg, the dubbing editor was John Glen, and very identifiable in a bit part was Michael Caine!

Tomorrow I'll watch another Diana Dors film: A Kid For Two Farthings directed by Carol Reed.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Last night, PBS had an Austin City Limits special remembering the late, great Stevie Ray Vaughan. The program featured his appearances in 1983 and 1989 and was a lot of fun to revisit. His performance of Hendrix's Voodoo Chile was pretty terrific.

- Walter.

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I just started viewing the 6 Mission Impossible movies I purchased in a boxed set on the Amazon prime days. (It actually made me break a promise to myself that I would not buy “Fallout” until I could get it in 3D). As my wife predicted, Tom Cruze does look like he is about 6 years old in the first one!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I did a 12-hour marathon during which I watched 6 movies, so I'll break my report into 3 posts.
Post 1:
Track of the Cat (iTunes) 1954. Wellman's western drama heavy with psychology and symbolism pits generations and siblings against one another. Shot in what Wellman termed "black-and-white-in-color" in very wide 'Scope and stereo. Poor Tab Hunter stuck out opposite such pros as Bob Mitchum, Bondi, Teresa Wright and Diana Lynn (sigh). It's as wonderfully depressing as the author's Ox-Bow Incident.
The Violent Men (iTunes) 1955. Glenn Ford as the rancher who is pushed just a bit too far by land-grabber Ed. G. Robinson and femme fatale B. Stanwyck, this time playing fatale to brothers Robinson and Keith. She is
dispatched by Lita Milan, much like Sondergaard did Davis in The Letter, but the Code let Milan escape (!).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jose,
I spoilerized a portion of your post for those that haven't watched this film as I think some of us bought that iTunes HD digital for $4.99

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I did a 12-hour marathon during which I watched 6 movies, so I'll break my report into 3 posts.
Post 1:
Track of the Cat (iTunes) 1954. Wellman's western drama heavy with psychology and symbolism pits generations and siblings against one another. Shot in what Wellman termed "black-and-white-in-color" in very wide 'Scope and stereo. Poor Tab Hunter stuck out opposite such pros as Bob Mitchum, Bondi, Teresa Wright and Diana Lynn (sigh). It's as wonderfully depressing as the author's Ox-Bow Incident.
The Violent Men (iTunes) 1955. Glenn Ford as the rancher who is pushed just a bit too far by land-grabber Ed. G. Robinson and femme fatale B. Stanwyck, this time playing fatale to brothers Robinson and Keith. She is
dispatched by Lita Milan, much like Sondergaard did Davis in The Letter, but the Code let Milan escape (!).
By the way, you're right about "Track of the Cat" being depressing.:) I thought the iTunes HD digital was pretty damn good compare to the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks