What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (8 Viewers)

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
220px-Yankee_Doodle_Dandy_poster.jpeg

My bride doesn't care to watch war pix but wanted something for the holiday so this was her selection.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
220px-Yankee_Doodle_Dandy_poster.jpeg

My bride doesn't care to watch war pix but wanted something for the holiday so this was her selection.
That should build up your self-confidence because your bride obviously has good taste! :)

I watched The Big Clock yesterday. I hadn't seen this film for decades but according to the disc's very good "extras" I'm not alone in that. Apparently this film hasn't been seen much in recent years. It's a very good film with excellent contributions from John Seitz and Victor Young. The Zone B Blu-ray disc is very good too.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That should build up your self-confidence because your bride obviously has good taste! :)

I watched The Big Clock yesterday. I hadn't seen this film for decades but according to the disc's very good "extras" I'm not alone in that. Apparently this film hasn't been seen much in recent years. It's a very good film with excellent contributions from John Seitz and Victor Young. The Zone B Blu-ray disc is very good too.
I have to watch the bonus material on that Blu-ray, but The Big Clock has been out on DVD from Universal for 15 years. I even have it on HD Digital that I watched some months ago.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long

I have to watch the bonus material on that Blu-ray, but The Big Clock has been out on DVD from Universal for 15 years. I even have it on HD Digital that I watched some months ago.

We have watched the Big Clock within the last year. So at least 3 of us are very perceptive and know good film.:cool:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Gribiche (Flicker Alley DVD) Charming silent feature directed by Jacques Feyder.
Finished the night with a Jeff Chandler double feature, 2 Kino BDs, quite good transfers from Universal:
Foxfire with Jane Russell
Female on the Beach with Joan Crawford
Enjoyable melodramas.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m embarking on a low-key rewatch of David Lynch’s filmography. While I’ve seen all of his films before, many more than once, I’ve never actually watched them all in order.

Got to Eraserhead a few nights ago, and The Elephant Man last night. I don’t think I’ve seen Elephant Man since high school, so about twenty years. I had been a little hesitant to rewatch it the last few times I felt like something Lynch, because my memory had been that it was a very good but conventional film that didn’t bear any of Lynch’s signature style elements. It turns out that my memory was faulty, as the film is clearly a Lynch endeavor, with its dark, rumbling soundtrack and emphasis on light and shadow. Elephant Man, Dune and Straight Story are the most “conventional” films that Lynch has made but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that of those three, Elephant Man is probably the most Lynchian. A great blending of his craft with a more traditional story structure.

John Hurt is just phenomenal in it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Afternoon viewing:
The Lost World (Flicker Alley BD) The 1925 version. Almost complete and quite amazing for its time.

I have to get to that one of these years. I’ve heard such marvelous things about their release but my only frame of reference on the film is whatever battered and edited version PBS used to show when I was much younger.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
220px-Batwhispers.jpg

Chester - how you've changed. I'll never view Boston Blackie quite the same way again.;)
Fun to watch this 65mm print.
Yes, I'm going to have top pull out my DVD that features standard Academy and widescreen versions of this today. Haven't watched it in years.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Peg and I watched this the other night:

summertime-md-web.jpg

I happened upon a "used" copy of the Criterion DVD (which I just found out used the wrong AR) and thought I'd give it a shot. We were unimpressed--with the story, the performances and with the disc itself. A beautiful snapshot of Venice, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nielmb
    Recent bookmarks