What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (4 Viewers)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
May 22nd, 2019 Wednesday

A Dogs Way Home
4K DCP / Apple TV / Dolby Vision
5.1 Dolby

a-dogs-way-home-1.jpg

Reactions: PMF

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The Devil's Playground (TCM app) A Columbia programmer with Dolores del Rio. A remake of Capra's Submarine.
The Last Warning (Flicker Alley BD) Paul Leni's final film starring Laura La Plante. Solid camera work; engaging mystery.
The Last Command (Kino BD) Frank Lloyd's final film. The Alamo.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
A Bill of Divorcement (Kino BD) The 1940 version. Beautifully shot by Nick Musuraca. Sensitive direction and acting.
Morituri (TT BD) Very good film; excellent performances. Some print damage.
Warlock (TT BD) Such a good Western! Looks great too.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched A Town Like Alice yesterday. This was one of my mother's favorite films and I hadn't seen it for decades. It's a good film, well judged, not too dramatic, nothing over stated. The Zone B Blu-ray disc is good and has some worthwhile extras.

I'm going to watch the German Blu-ray disc of The Proud Ones tonight.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm definitely going to be streaming Vice today. It's been sitting in my iTunes account for weeks, and now this Memorial Day weekend, I'm going to give it a look.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Revisited 2 films using the TCM app:
Millions like Us. Intelligently written and directed by Launder and Gilliat. Very good WWII morale booster from Britain. Print shows tremendous wear and tear.
The War against Mrs. Hadley. This original screenplay was nominated for an AA. A product of its time but quite watchable.
The Man Who Killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot (BD) Sam Elliott in a well-told fantasy tale. Quite enjoyable.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m trying to catch up on odds and ends. I have lots of things that I’m in the middle of or almost done with, be it a TV series or bonus features on a review title. Instead of starting something new today, I’m trying to inch those other things along.

With any luck, I should be able to finish the Disney Treasures Zorro sets (just have the four part hour-long specials to watch) and the bonus features on TT’s new edition of the Stagecoach remake.

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
I never served in the military, several family members did, mainly WW2 and Vietnam. Memorial Day weekend I usually watch war films.
Tonight are a few I’ve never seen.
633 Squadron DVD
Dive Bomber DVD

I have several others in my library, favorites I like to rewatch and ones I have never seen before. Band of Brothers is due for another viewing, one of my top shelf favorites.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I started off watching one film "Sands of Iwo Jima" and then after that viewing decided to watch "Flags of Our Fathers" too. Needless to say, I was teary eye this afternoon. What a horrific battle and war. Many thanks to those brave young men.

battle%20films.jpg

flagsofourfathers.jpg

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I’m trying to catch up on odds and ends. I have lots of things that I’m in the middle of or almost done with, be it a TV series or bonus features on a review title. Instead of starting something new today, I’m trying to inch those other things along.

With any luck, I should be able to finish the Disney Treasures Zorro sets (just have the four part hour-long specials to watch) and the bonus features on TT’s new edition of the Stagecoach remake.
I am in the same position. I have the TV in the extra bedroom set up with Season 1 of Krypton.

In the basement my wife and I are watching current shows on a PVR and I am watching the 3D “Aquaman” when she is “out with the girls”.

On the main floor we are watching the Blu ray set called RKO Classic Romances. This is a lot of fun.

Oh, and I also have last season of “Fear The Walking Dead” set up on my portable Blu ray player which I use on the back deck on a nice day. This is not to mention working my way through “Green Acres” and “Max Headroom”

I’ve vowed to finish everything off first before I start anything new!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
So far today, using the TCM app:
A series of Bobby Bumps cartoons, the first to use cel-animation technique.
Korty's Twice upon a Time, animation not for children.

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
I thought Dive Bomber to be a good drama. The color I thought was very good especially for a film that’s almost 80 years old.
633 Squadron was a solid action war movie, I’ve always liked Cliff Robertson.
Satisfied with both of these films and the quality of the DVDs as well.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll be watching last night's Noir Alley either off the DVR or the TCM app if it's available there. I DVRed the rebroadcast of the Norman Lear recast classic sitcoms, so I'll give that a peep, too. And then some time today I want to rewatch Jason Bourne. It'll be the first time watching it since I reviewed it after the Blu-ray came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks