What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (4 Viewers)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last night I watched You Only Live Once. ClassicFlix did well with this title, and the before and after restoration comparison shows what they achieved.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I came across a publicity photo for Five Against The House this morning, so I watched that film today. I hadn't seen it for several years and had forgotten much of it. The cinematographer was Lester White who is not especially well regarded, but he certainly knew how to photograph Kim Novak whose first film, Pushover, he also filmed.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
For the last two evenings, I've been going through the six-part Broadway: The American Musical Emmy-winning documentary hosted by Julie Andrews. Though there are notable omissions, the writers, director, and producers managed to squeeze an awful lot of material into these six broadcasts which some amazing footage featuring the great stars of the musical stage over the 20th century.

I've watched this set many times over the years and have also relished all the interview segments and numbers that didn't make it into the final broadcast versions. This is a masterful miniseries for anyone interested in the art, development, and commerce of the Broadway musical.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
maxresdefault.jpg

This was the first time Peg and I had ever seen this film. I absolutely loved it. Peg liked it too.

Excellent cast. Well executed. Strong, smart writing.

A whole lot of fun.

And while I've read all the comments about the conditions of any previous home video release, I felt this release from Criterion was outstanding. Kinda makes me glad I waited for it to come along. :D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
maxresdefault.jpg

This was the first time Peg and I had ever seen this film. I absolutely loved it. Peg liked it too.

Excellent cast. Well executed. Strong, smart writing.

A whole lot of fun.

And while I've read all the comments about the conditions of any previous home video release, I felt this release from Criterion was outstanding. Kinda makes me glad I waited for it to come along. :D
Yeah, it's a great film and has been a favorite of mine for 50 years. William Powell nailed his role being kind of a straight man for the other oddball characters. That said, him coming home drunk was just classic comedy. I think it was the first film that had AA nomination for all four acting categories.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Will update when I am able to look at the ballots for the TV Shootout.

Value Electronics 2018 TV Shootout

Basically in most categories the Sony XBR-65A9F OLED took first place with the LG 65E8PUA OLED in close 2nd. In the catagory for HDR mode best tv it was a tie between the Sony XBR-65A9F OLED and LG 65E8PUA OLED.

Will post a link to the scores once I get ahold of it. But while I don't think I would be disapointed in the LG OLED I will most likely get the Sony OLED to replace my Samsung 4K LED TV. Depending on if finances are still there and I still get a new tv.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
With the new network television season now started and new offerings continually made available on Netflix and Prime, it's hard to find time for movies at the moment. But I did get Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom on UHD today and will try to find time tomorrow to watch it.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
With as much traffic as we get here daily, items on the front page of this UHD and Blu-ray forum have a way backing off rather quickly unless there are comments to keep them at the top.

For viewing today, I have a bunch of TV shows saved up all the way back to Tuesday that I'll be watching this afternoon. I also have the UHD version of The Martian I received as a gift that I might get to either today or tomorrow.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last night I watched the Warner Archive Blu-ray disc of Village Of The Damned. Well, Warner Archive have done it again: another superb disc! Very good film too, and it's always interesting to see George Sanders playing someone who is not a scoundrel. His range was much wider than is sometimes recognised. I think I'll watch him tonight in Rebecca which I haven't seen for a long time.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
He's excellent in Call Me Madam, too, showing off an expressive baritone singing voice that it's a pity he didn't use more often in films.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
He's excellent in Call Me Madam, too, showing off an expressive baritone singing voice that it's a pity he didn't use more often in films.
I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I've never seen Call Me Madam; not by intention: I've never had the chance!

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
f8370ef046b2e1740c11e54f9af68b21.jpg

Haven't posted in here in a while but watched this last night - I had forgotten how well this film was crafted.
The print looked lovely on the big screen in my home theater. Great movie night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks