What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (8 Viewers)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Having come across a photo on Ebay of Marie Windsor in The Sniper, I chose to watch that yesterday. It's a really well-made crime film with strong social and political implications. The cast is full of familiar faces, most of whom are uncredited. The Sony DVD is excellent.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm waiting for my Criterion order to arrive, so I pulled out my Blu-ray of M to tide me over in the meantime. Hadn't watched it in some time, and it was a gripping as always.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Tonight on our big screen, "How To Train Your Dragon 3D" , 2010.
35mm DTS 3D.

dragon 3d.jpg

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
really no surprise here, tonight's Feature Presentation

upload_2018-7-2_23-37-37.png

One lone Oland Chan film left to go, think after that i will switch up before returning to Mr. Chan and which ever Number Son he may have in tow

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Next of my classic film series run's Tonight's Feature

upload_2018-7-5_22-40-17.png

looking at this 2004 DVD release upscaled, it would defiantly need a little more work, for a proper HD presentation, although i still love the fact that you can see the simple, things i never notices as a kid watching these, like the fake ears on the Asian elephant's so that they look like the African elephants, or a little closer, but it is so blatantly noticeable in most of the shots.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
A double bill this evening, a forties b/w & a sixties colour. Passage to Marseille (1944). Warner trying to capture the magic of Casablanca & not quite making it, but I still like the film. I first saw it on TV in the late fifties & loved it along with all those other Warner greats that the BBC used to show (in fact that Warner shield & music, & I'm back there). A great Warner production & superb b/w photography, it's mostly told in flashback & famously has a flashback within a flashback within a flashback, but it all makes sense, & the WAC Blu-ray has a stunning transfer. Another Blu-ray that has a stunning transfer is Cat Ballou, the sold-out TT release. Sony has done a fantastic job here, & this is one of the best looking Blu-rays I own. I love the film & have done since I saw it in the sixties, I think it's just about perfect.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What did you think of Wonder Woman, Dave? I haven't watched it yet but I had picked up a used Blu copy dirt cheap a while back. And I've kinda burnt out on superhero movies over the past few years but thought WW and Black Panther were different enough to try out. BP was all right but not quite what I was hoping it would be.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
It has it flaws but it is entertaining with a good plot and story is mostly well paced but rushed in a few places. I had first seen it when my neighbor purchased the blu-ray and brought it over for me to watch. And I recently went out and purchased it on 4K Blu-ray. I think it is a good take on Wonder Woman as we see her from a child growing up and we see her humanity. Good photography and special effects along with a good audio track. I do agree that they have been over doing the super hero thing lately and they need to slow it down before they really do burn people out. I enjoyed Black Panther and am planning on getting that on 4K as well. I do not see there being a Wonder Woman 2 but if the studio thinks they will make money then who knows. I do want the studios to slow down on the super hero flicks because sooner or later the scrips are bound to suffer from them rushing these movies out to the theater.

Hey Mike, have you seen Thor Ragnarok and what did you think of it?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey Mike, have you seen Thor Ragnarok and what did you think of it?

No. I had pretty much given up on the Marvel superhero franchise by the time that one came out. For one thing, I was raised on DC comic books when I was a kid (so I've never really had an affinity for the Marvel universe). And, frankly, I couldn't tell you a single thing any more about the first Thor movie. I find them all so "cookie-cutter." I have enjoyed Deadpool and the Guardian of the Galaxy movies...but mostly because they were really different and not your run-of-the-mill stuff.

Thanks for the info on WW. I will definitely give it a spin some day.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I was watching The Lion Roars on TCM and at that time MGM was promoting Logan's Run. I have it but never watched it.

Filmed in Todd-AO 35 (they don't mention the 35 in ads) and blown up for 70mm presentations.

The directional dialog is interesting for a 1976 film. I thought the movie was OK. Sound was better than the video.

LR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nielmb
    Recent bookmarks