What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (3 Viewers)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I’ve always found it the cheesiest film imaginable considering it was filmed about the time of Star Wars. For a real crapfest, try the TV show based on the movie!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
And, frankly, I couldn't tell you a single thing any more about the first Thor movie. I find them all so "cookie-cutter." I have enjoyed Deadpool and the Guardian of the Galaxy movies...but mostly because they were really different and not your run-of-the-mill stuff.

That's okay; Ragnarok radically reinvents Thor, and director Taika Waititi really goes all out in making it distinctive and uniquely his own, recharging that character to the point where I hope we see more with him, because it took a while, but he finally got a truly great film and it feels like the rejuvenation has provided them more creative runway to go forward. That is to say, Ragnarok is "really different and not your run-of-the-mill stuff" even if Thor's prior films were. So, you might actually find you like this one. To assume it is more of the same that the other two offered is logical if you don't follow the MCU but fortunately wholly incorrect, since it's leaps and bounds better than those earlier Thor films.

And on a completely different note, I watched A Bug's Life tonight. See the Disney music thread in the music forum for my appreciation of it I just wrote over there. I've always loved it and think it's Pixar's most gorgeous film. It really holds up and deserves a lot more love than it gets.

Bugs poster.jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll be watching The Glass Key on Blu-ray today, a Region B European import because I got tired of waiting for Universal to do something with its great Paramount noirs from the 1940s.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'll be watching The Glass Key on Blu-ray today, a Region B European import because I got tired of waiting for Universal to do something with its great Paramount noirs from the 1940s.
You'll be pleased. It's a very good disc.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm going to be installing a new receiver into my equipment rack later today, and if successfully accomplished, I'll be watching The Blue Dahlia tonight.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Vudu ran a sale on the 4K version of Mockingjay, Part II for $4.99, and since I had a $3 credit with them, I bought it since I only own the first two films in the series (and only on Blu). The Vudu stream has Dolby Vision and Atmos, and it looks and sounds wonderfully impressive. Hopefully, Part I will also go on sale some time and I can complete that series.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We have amassed a temporary collection of movies from our library system which I have copied on to DVD-R to watch once at our leisure and then erase.
Tonight it was “Le Weekend”. Talk about a dysfunctional marriage! This was one of those movies that we should have stopped after the first 20 minutes, but we somehow ended up watching to the end.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have last night's Noir Alley which I'll watch at lunchtime. Later today I'll be watching the second of the Harry Potter films in UHD: The Chamber of Secrets.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have a fair amount of television to catch up with from the last couple of days (Endeavor, Elementary among them), so if I watch a film today, it'll be a revisit, and after watching The Awful Truth yesterday, I think it'd be Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. That one always makes me laugh.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Unless something comes in the mail that I absolutely can't keep from watching, I plan to get to Criterion's Women in Love tomorrow. I've always loved this movie.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've been watching a good many new Criterion acquisitions lately, so tonight, I thought I'd revisit a previous one I reviewed several years ago - Rosemary's Baby. It has lost none of its beauty, power, and suspense. Even knowing all its secrets, one can rewatch it with great pleasure seeing how everything fits together.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
July 21st, 2018 Saturday

Wonder Woman
4K UHD Blu-ray
7.1 Dolby True HD (Atmos)

My sister came over for a visit and had only seen the very beginning and part of the end so we ended up watching Wonder Woman. This was the second viewing of the 4K disc.

wonder-woman-final-poster.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last night I watched the French DVD of Mark Of The Renegade, a Universal title with two stars from MGM. It's an enjoyable film but damaged on this disc by DNR and unavoidable French sub-titles. I'll jump for joy if this film is in the new Kino package of Universal titles.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll be watching Eddie Muller's pre and post comments on Dark Passage today (but won't watch the movie since I've seen it quite recently on Blu-ray). I'll be watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix today, too. Haven't decided yet on anything else, but I'll find something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks