What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (4 Viewers)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I saw some ghosting for Dial M for Murder on the image from the Panasonic AE8000 projector but most of it is fine. You can reduce the ghosting by turning down contrast and/or brightness.

Reactions: PMF

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Got some review discs in this week, so the time for leisure viewing has been limited. Hopefully, things will return to normal next week. I still haven't gotten to the 1943 Phantom of the Opera.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
images
images
images
images
images

over the last two days

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Two Weeks In Another Town today. I've always loved this film even though it was damaged by clumsy editing which ignored the wishes of the director and rendered the character played by Cyd Charisse totally incomprehensible.

I notice we have a thread about adolescent crushes on movie stars. I fell in love with Daliah Lavi when I saw this film during my teens. I'm an old man now but I can still see that her looks and her performance in this film make her an adolescent's dream girl, an irresistible romantic fantasy figure.

The Warner Archive Blu-ray disc is excellent with, I'm pleased to say, very good and clean sound. Every word of dialogue, even if whispered, is crystal clear.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
June 22nd, 2018 Friday

Jurassic World
1080p Blu-ray upconverted to 4K UHD
7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (48KHz, 24Bit)

Jurassic-World-2015-movie-Chris-Pratt-Bryce-Dallas-Howard-4.jpg

The plan is to go see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom tomorrow in Atmos!

30d226c85acf93a983534873fa18922c.jpg

Dolby Atmos SPI Cinemas Press Meet.jpg

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
For a while, I've been thinking of having me a Charlie Chan film marathon. I might schedule that one day real soon.

one of the guys, i work with wanted a primer in "old school " Hollywood" so we are going to work through the Oland Chan's, then the Weissmuller Tarzan's , and the Rathbone Holmes films , he wasn't a fan of as he put it old black and white films, but i think i am seeing a convert, because he keeps asking for the next, and smiling as he watches.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
one of the guys, i work with wanted a primer in "old school " Hollywood" so we are going to work through the Oland Chan's, then the Weissmuller Tarzan's , and the Rathbone Holmes films , he wasn't a fan of as he put it old black and white films, but i think i am seeing a convert, because he keeps asking for the next, and smiling as he watches.
Damn Dana, stop giving me more ideas.;) Seriously though, I've been thinking of the doing the same for many of those films. I'm thinking of developing a film schedule in which I devout one week for each film series. Perhaps, one film a day. I need to put pen to paper as I think this through.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Damn Dana, stop giving me more ideas.;) Seriously though, I've been thinking of the doing the same for many of those films. I'm thinking of developing a film schedule in which I devout one week for each film series. Perhaps, one film a day. I need to put pen to paper as I think this through.

i know, i keep think about doing something like that as well, just remembering the old days of TBS, back when they would do stuff like that in the late 70's early 80's when it was the SuperStation

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks