What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
On DVD the (1927) and (1939) versions of "The Cat and the Canary"

513tqUo-fpL.jpg
1190077969_5.jpg

2017-11-06_5a00d7e4cd8c8_DVD-CatandtheCanary-720x489.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last night I watched Yellow Sky, another film I hadn't seen for very many years. Not a bad film but, for me, nothing really special either. It does make me wonder though why John Russell did not become a star.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
One of my favorites from her Marple series, second only to Murder, She Said in my opinion.
I agree.My projection home theater is new so this was the first time we got to see the movie on "the big screen" I know Dame Agatha was not too fond of the productions as they did not follow the character of Miss Marple but they are very good movies in their own right. I find them charming and funny and have watched all of them several times. I also liked murder at the gallop but I've never warmed up to Murder Ahoy the final in the series. .

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Murder, Ahoy wasn't based on any previous Christie work, so the plot is lacking. Rutherford is as funny and watchable as ever, and the supporting cast is fine, but the plot meanders. They were set to do The Body in the Library next, but the box-office failure of Murder, Ahoy put a stop to the series.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Murder, Ahoy wasn't based on any previous Christie work, so the plot is lacking. Rutherford is as funny and watchable as ever, and the supporting cast is fine, but the plot meanders. They were set to do The Body in the Library next, but the box-office failure of Murder, Ahoy put a stop to the series.
I always suspected that Murder Ahoy killed the series but never knew for sure. Strangely enough - it gets a high score on imdb and a reviewer listed it as best.
I'm still glad we have what we have - some of my comfort food.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
upload_2018-4-9_14-26-13.png

OK this is not to disagree with anyone in the more Quality Releases from WAC, but the presentation was entertaining and a great picture, so the quality is there, i know what you mean is specific titles, nice to see some "B" gems get the same treatment

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
April 9th, 2018 Monday

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
4K UHD Blu-ray
7.1 Dolby True HD (Atmos)

2nd viewing since buying the movie!

the-last-jedi-theatrical-blog.jpg

Will be making it a point to be watching the 1977 Star Wars theatrical cut sometime this week! I do not yet own Star Wars: Force Awakens and I may pick up the 3D/2D blu-ray or wait for the 4K blu-ray. Once I have Force Awakens I plan to watch that and The Last Jedi back to back!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Will be making it a point to be watching the 1977 Star Wars theatrical cut sometime this week! I do not yet own Star Wars: Force Awakens and I may pick up the 3D/2D blu-ray or wait for the 4K blu-ray. Once I have Force Awakens I plan to watch that and The Last Jedi back to back!
Total guess on my part but I expect to see a 4K disc of The Force Awakens (and Rogue One) before the theatrical release of Episode IX at the end of next year. Solo will definitely be out in the fall this year and then maybe they'll release the 4K Rogue One in spring 2019, The Force Awakens in fall 2019 and Episode IX in spring 2020. If they release them that way, they don't glut the market and they can fill in the gap between the theatrical release of the movies.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
marypoppins.jpg

Last nights viewing as my bride continues our Disney re-visits. Will be interested in how they handle the new MP.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Today will be a "catch-up" day for me. I have several TV shows from the past few days I need to get to. I will continue with The Outer Limits on Blu-ray. I finished up the box set of Have Gun-Will Travel over the weekend. I think I've one half season left of Perry Mason I want to start.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
It is interesting to read about what everybody is watching, but it would be far more instructive to have a simple comment like “it was good”, or “what a piece of crap” attached to it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It is interesting to read about what everybody is watching, but it would be far more instructive to have a simple comment like “it was good”, or “what a piece of crap” attached to it.
Sometimes we do so and sometimes we don't and if you want to know then ask the question which I've done with certain titles in this thread. I usually post my a short blurb about the films I view in my "Crawdaddy's Random Thoughts" thread.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
A good idea.. I don't usually report because 90% of what we are currently watching are re-visits because now we have the "big" screen. If we revisit then we liked it. :) However - I will try to remember to comment on new things we watch. Besides I have weird tastes so you can't go by my recommendations:rolling-smiley:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll be watching The Shape of Water on UHD this afternoon or evening. Look for my comments in one of the various threads on the movie below. I usually try to comment on films in some particular thread devoted to them unless there isn't one. Then, I'll comment here on my reactions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks