What's new

What Remaining TV Westerns Do You Want to See Released? (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
They found Hec Ramsey elements? That's good news, although far from a release, as you point out, Neil. Do you know where they were and if any other shows in the same situation had prints there also?

You would have to be more specific as to what other shows are "in the same situation".

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Street
Wichita Town is owned by Walter Mirisch, who is rich as Rockefeller, and has no interest in bothering with it for the amount of money it would bring in for licensing.
Actually SFM hold the rights & were considering putting it out on DVD if they could clear various contractual issues.This was back in August 2015 so I don't know if it is still on the agenda.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
You would have to be more specific as to what other shows are "in the same situation".

Switch and The Name of the Game, in that they had companies ready and willing to license the shows and release them, but had to abandon their plans because no usable elements were available. (Those are the ones I know about; if you know of other relevant examples, please share them.)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Switch and The Name of the Game, in that they had companies ready and willing to license the shows and release them, but had to abandon their plans because no usable elements were available. (Those are the ones I know about; if you know of other relevant examples, please share them.)

I'm not aware of any complete run on 16mm of Switch anywhere. Name of the Game resides in the UCLA archives but the condition of the prints was deemed not to be up to the standards necessary for a commercial release.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Amazon has the first season of High Chaparral up for a Aug 28 release from Shout . Didn't know it was on the way . Six discs and $28 . Not bad .

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Amazon has the first season of High Chaparral up for a Aug 28 release from Shout . Didn't know it was on the way . Six discs and $28 . Not bad .

And although this Western might not be up my alley like others have been lately, I hope it gets out in full for all those who do want it.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
With LANCER having a some what big role in ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD, its too bad no company didn't
put this out on DVD.
Lancer.jpg

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
3+ years after compiling my initial list for this thread, only 1 series I listed has received an official release (and that only partially). If ever there was an indicator of how much vintage TV on DVD as dried up recently, this is it!

Still needing a release:

Adventures of Rin Tin Tin
Black Saddle
Branded
(restored and full running time)
Brave Eagle
Broken Arrow
Casey Jones
Colt .45
Elfego Baca
Gray Ghost
(very high on my list)
Hec Ramsey
Hotel De Paree
Iron Horse
Klondike
Lassie
(semi-western)
Law of the Plainsman
Outlaws
Outcasts
Sheriff of Cochise
Shotgun Slade
Stagecoast West
Swamp Fox
Tales of the Texas Rangers
Texas John Slaughter
Trackdown
Travels of Jamie McPheeters
26 Men
Union Pacific
U.S. Marshal
Wichita Town

Gary “it is truly sad to review this thread 3 years later and see how little progress has been made” O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks